• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,810 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 12:06 PM, valiantman said:

The only Prophet book that ever mattered "back-in-the-day"... a slightly-less-common-than-the-regular-edition variant by the hottest artist of the year... S.Platt.

What could be better (in 1994)?

978085440_prophet4platt1.jpg.f0b301f119e5f0312d141dbe9fa6d49d.jpg

Wizard Top Ten - the #1 book for May, June, and July 1994 - Wizard #33 - #35.

https://www.wizardtop10.com/

Hoard prophet 1 chrome edition.  Sweet book

Screenshot_20211011-215448_Brave.jpg

On 10/11/2021 at 9:06 AM, valiantman said:

The only Prophet book that ever mattered "back-in-the-day"... a slightly-less-common-than-the-regular-edition variant by the hottest artist of the year... S.Platt.

What could be better (in 1994)?

978085440_prophet4platt1.jpg.f0b301f119e5f0312d141dbe9fa6d49d.jpg

Wizard Top Ten - the #1 book for May, June, and July 1994 - Wizard #33 - #35.

https://www.wizardtop10.com/

Respectfully, 1994 was not "back-in-the-day"  :baiting:

Here are some recent CA sales for you to chew on. :bigsmile:

•  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

On 10/15/2021 at 3:10 PM, D2 said:

lol

Yeah, but it is though. It was 27 years ago.

My last point. Comic books in the 90s, would have been comic books in the 60s, 30 years prior. I don't know about you, but I think that was a huge gap.

That's exactly why I'm "valiantman".  I was there when Valiant was "born" in the early 1990s, and I really enjoyed the early books.  I am not old enough to be anywhere close to the "birth" of Marvel (Silver Age) in the 1960s, and in the 1990s, I felt like too many decades had passed for me to ever catch up on Marvel (much less DC going back to the 1930s).  It's funny that new collectors today could be thinking the same thing about the early 1990s, but it would be valid.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:52 PM, divad said:

Here are some recent CA sales for you to chew on. :bigsmile:

Showing the back cover is a great way to demonstrate how important this book is... considering the content inside the book also supports the (back) cover art.  It's one back cover that isn't just an ad for something real somewhere else. 

(**cough, cough, Gobbledygook, cough**) :kidaround:

On 11/3/2021 at 6:30 PM, littledoom said:

Time to prep Infinity Inc 16 for sale.. that book went nuclear 

DC books do not go "nuclear", and never will, 'specially not for a 1st app of Mr Bones.   Yeah I'm a fan of Stargirl TV, but even her first appearance has been ice-cold for over year.  McFarlane Infinity Inc there is very limited interest to Todd fans and some DC collectors. Smart money will buy TM ASM issues - while supply is high demand keeps growing.  I won't even bother to submit my 16, the bubble, assuming there is even one, will pop before I receive it back.

BTW Don't mean to harsh on you littledoom but In all the time I've been a collector DC in general at most is fool's gold.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, littledoom said:

Time to prep Infinity Inc 16 for sale.. that book went nuclear 

On 11/4/2021 at 8:55 AM, kimik said:

Why?

Everything McFarlane touches turns to gold even DC books. It's also villain Mr Bones first app and he looks a lot like Spawn. Check out the cape work :nyah: Infinity Inc is such a quirky interesting copper age team. Used to enjoy reading it as a kid. Nice to see it getting some love

Edited by MattrixAlien

On 11/3/2021 at 7:03 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Everything McFarlane touches turns to gold.

It's also villain Mr Bones first app and he looks a lot like Spawn. Check out the cape work :nyah: Infinity Inc is such a quirky interesting copper age team. Used to enjoy reading it as a kid. Nice to see it getting some love

I have a near full run in 9.8 either slabbed or not worth the time submitting. While it would be nice if these mediocre (sorry Roy, but after issues 1-10 Infinity was) books got noticed  it's 80's DC and it's not Batman so it just ain't happening.

IMHO Todd's Obsidian looks more like Spawn than Mr Bones.

By coincidence I got my original copy purchased as a kid of this book back from CGC recently, sent in as a joke, not even worth the grading costs. Yawn-fest of a read but great eye popping color combination on the cover:

infinity14.jpg

Edited by MAR1979