• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,797 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2021 at 2:57 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

And yet full sets of Invasion, more often than not, fail to break $10.

Good example. That is one that has gone under the radar of McFarlane fans for sure. As littledoom suggested it might be because they don't have particularly cool covers. DC should have got Todd to do a cover with Batman battling an alien :) If he'd done a similar Marvel cross over event that thing would have gone nuclear by now.

Guess Copper is pretty dead right now. There had been a few copies of Avengers Spotlight 22 that sold for a few bucks (Hawkeye and Swordsman) but that may have died down a bit. I'm a little surprised that Solo Avengers 1 is still really cheap, since it has Jim Lee art, and Hawkeye has his own show now.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Guess Copper is pretty dead right now. There had been a few copies of Avengers Spotlight 22 that sold for a few bucks (Hawkeye and Swordsman) but that may have died down a bit. I'm a little surprised that Solo Avengers 1 is still really cheap, since it has Jim Lee art, and Hawkeye has his own show now.

Most of my sales over the last couple weeks have been Bronze and Silver books so I'd agree Copper seems to be on the back burner for now.  I finally sold off my last Moon Knight 1 this week so that book is about to explode in price.

Yesssss.excellent...let the interest die down, so I can go back to buying books again! Prices have been pretty dumb for a while!

There had been a few copies of Avengers Spotlight 22 that sold for a few bucks (Hawkeye and Swordsman) but that may have died down a bit. I'm a little surprised that Solo Avengers 1 is still really cheap, since it has Jim Lee art, and Hawkeye has his own show now.

I keep waiting for Solo Avengers 14 to do something... Hawkeye and Black Widow team-up in the lead, with a She-Hulk vs Titania back-up. Seems custom-made for the MCU crowd.

Recent Copper sales . . . :whistle: I guess you could say it has cooled off a bit. 

•  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

The Batman's Penguin-centric HBO Max spinoff series starring Colin Farrell has been confirmed.

The first ever published Origin of The Penguin was in Best of DC #10 from Dec 1980 (cover dated March 1981). It's a very difficult book to find in high-grade that should be a minor Copper Age Key but alas will never be.

Reasons why the book will never be hot on eBay (or anywhere else) despite today's Penguin announcement.

1) It's a DC not a Marvel
2) It's a DC not a Marvel
3) It's a DC not a Marvel
4) CGC Census population is very low. Hot books must have enough high-graded copies so that there are always 6-10 on eBay at any given time. In additional most dealers must have a large stock of the book in 9.6 and 9.8. It's pretty much impossible to manipulate the market when the book is very difficult to find in high grade.
5) Did I mention It's a DC not a Marvel ?

A DC character can get a new TV show with a somewhat "famous" talent as the lead and the characters books will go almost nowhere. However all it takes is the slightest false rumor of some only seen once Marvel Character potentially receiving a mere off-the-cuff mention in a Marvel film or TV series and the book will spike to near 1K. Example; Marvel Team-Up 131 "White Rabbit"

Best_of_DC10.thumb.jpg.60db77699cd668879ac5107ad2aaa4d4.jpg

Yeah I do own the above slab as I'm a rather big collector of small digests, but I really just wanted to rant again about how DC books never and will "go nuclear". Tiny bumps at best for DC, outliers are nearly but not quite nonexistent.

Edited by MAR1979