• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,781 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 8:07 PM, followtheleader said:

Many Facebook Lives are based on the same premise. 

Little time to think, many people throwing bids at it in a frenzy, going WELL over the value, etc.   

For a seller, this is great news.  For the buyer, it's a bit foolish.   It's really killing the collecting side for me. 

Patrick

I'm not interesting in whatsnot or facebook sales.  I still prefer to buy at comic shows, occasional Heritage or Comiclink buy, the boards, and mycomicshop.  Avoid the high pressure sales and the bull.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, thehumantorch said:

I'm not interesting in whatsnot or facebook sales.  I still prefer to buy at comic shows, occasional Heritage or Comiclink buy, the boards, and mycomicshop.  Avoid the high pressure sales and the bull.

But.....isn't your booth at shows a high pressure sales pit? :baiting:

On 9/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, followtheleader said:

Many Facebook Lives are based on the same premise. 

Little time to think, many people throwing bids at it in a frenzy, going WELL over the value, etc.   

For a seller, this is great news.  For the buyer, it's a bit foolish.   It's really killing the collecting side for me. 

Patrick

I see this a lot - All super fast show the book and the 1st bid wins.  And some of the buyers have their own FBLive selling shows as well, so lots of crossbuying.

Like a 3-Card Monte on a Vegas sidewalk. Lots of shills.  

Edited by jcjames

Wondering if Marvel Age #98 (1st Toxic Avenger) and The Toxic Avenger #1, his first issue are going to heat up at some point. I believe the remake is in the can and fully filmed, even meant to come out this year. Yet I feel like I've heard very little if anything about it.

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Wondering if Marvel Age #98 (1st Toxic Avenger) and The Toxic Avenger #1, his first issue are going to heat up at some point. I believe the remake is in the can and fully filmed, even meant to come out this year. Yet I feel like I've heard very little if anything about it.

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

sell after the 1st full trailer, not the teaser

On 11/4/2022 at 2:55 PM, cd4ever said:

I feel like they've both already had their boom moment and have settled back down. Like almost everything, they are going for less than half of what they were in mid-2021.  Might see a slight bump if the movie ever comes out. But probably not much. 

This.

I was borderline ecstatic when I plucked my previously worthless copy of Marvel Age 98 & sold it for what seemed like an absurd amount last year :cloud9:

On 11/4/2022 at 2:34 PM, revat said:

sell after the 1st full trailer, not the teaser

I'm not sure this is the case anymore.  The last few trailers have had minimal affect. Everyone is onto this scheme and so many copies hit the market after the trailer that over-saturation sets in. 

The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found me.....

On 11/7/2022 at 10:17 AM, cd4ever said:

I'm not sure this is the case anymore.  The last few trailers have had minimal affect. Everyone is onto this scheme and so many copies hit the market after the trailer that over-saturation sets in. 

Sell on the rumor, announcement, or wait and get lucky if the released product is amazing 

On 11/7/2022 at 1:17 PM, cd4ever said:

You renegade.

On 12/6/2022 at 8:27 PM, the blob said:

So you're telling me it isn't 2021 anymore and my random long boxes of mixed junk aren't worth $5K anymore? That's depressing. I guess I shouldn't have disappeared.

But you did get a letter "T" for the first letter of your board handle as an avatar, a new default for those who had none btw.

Merry Christmas 🕊️

On 12/6/2022 at 9:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

But you did get a letter "T" for the first letter of your board handle as an avatar, a new default for those who had none btw.

Merry Christmas 🕊️

I guess I need an avatar because the T looks dumb, although people made fun of my last one and the one before that.