• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 3:59 PM, boomtown said:

Had to go look through my collection on why I don't remember this book. I'm a Larsen fan but teaming a young Larsen with Vince Colletta is just about the ugliest work I have ever seen in a Marvel book ( that includes the Frank Robbins Captain America mess of a run).

Yikes 

Nothing is worse than Robbins on Cap, so I had to take a look.....

3C0F0D73-7ECA-4508-8C0E-7D57F5BE96B0.thumb.jpeg.223fdebaa048b7ae2addaff383baa5c3.jpeg

On 2/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Yikes 

Nothing is worse than Robbins on Cap, so I had to take a look.....

3C0F0D73-7ECA-4508-8C0E-7D57F5BE96B0.thumb.jpeg.223fdebaa048b7ae2addaff383baa5c3.jpeg

Well . . . it doesn't really look like that. :bigsmile:

Anyhoo, two major Marvel titans battling it out on the front cover.:peace:

On 2/13/2023 at 9:56 PM, MAR1979 said:

ugh grumble.... I owned that page for about a month in 2000, was not a fan of the art and traded it for i no longer recall what :(:(:(

image.jpeg.c68fa1cfb094384876c24e49928d781a.jpeg

That page is sweet‼️👍

On 2/7/2023 at 12:24 AM, the blob said:

Thor 385 has sold well for a long time. I don't know why, it has an ugly cover, but these Hulk classic battle covers seem to do well.

Stan Lee co-writer, last Thor story he ever wrote. 

Plus nonstop cover-to-cover epic Hulk-Thor battle. 

The Copper Age is a lot of fun right now with so many books jumping from common high print run drek to being somewhat valuable as the younger collectors search for "old books". Every time I hear that at a show, like I did several times today, I chuckle as 1) it is actually true as the books are 30+ years old now, and 2) as a buyer of these books as a pre-teen/teen, I really am older than I tend to think I am (or act if you talk to my wife). 

Edited by kimik

On 3/12/2023 at 9:24 PM, MAR1979 said:

I see Booster Gold 1 is now barely scraping $300. Still higher than last Dec but way off the $600-$750 it was getting in Feb

Never buy a book when it's hot, especially a DC!

Man that is tough noogies. 

On 3/12/2023 at 10:24 PM, MAR1979 said:

I see Booster Gold 1 is now barely scraping $300. Still higher than last Dec but way off the $600-$750 it was getting in Feb

Where’s your data from? I see a single sale last week, but it was over $300.

For me the message is that eBay auctions are risky, not that the sky is falling.

I’ll give you $300 for your copy if you really think it’s tanking…

On 3/13/2023 at 10:49 AM, Brock said:

Where’s your data from? I see a single sale last week, but it was over $300.

For me the message is that eBay auctions are risky, not that the sky is falling.

I’ll give you $300 for your copy if you really think it’s tanking…

i dont sell comics!

Does your data not show the that Feb was nothing more than a spike?

IMHO the book will be under 200 by June. Spending 300+ now is likley not wise

The point again is in modern times its foolish to buy any comic at or near going rate when red hot especially if its a DC

Edited by MAR1979

I got my Booster Gold #1 for a dollar about 20 years ago. I was happy to get the 80's Blue Beetle #1 in that same box.

I remember them looking nice, but I have no idea what shape they're in. It's probably time to take a look with both of them getting the live-action treatment.

I liked them well enough as humor characters in the JL/JLI series that followed "Legends", but I never did read those solo series. I picked up the first issues really as an afterthought. A lot of those whims are paying off these days which is nice. 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, jdandns said:

I got my Booster Gold #1 for a dollar about 20 years ago. I was happy to get the 80's Blue Beetle #1 in that same box.

I remember them looking nice, but I have no idea what shape they're in. It's probably time to take a look with both of them getting the live-action treatment.

I liked them well enough as humor characters in the JL/JLI series that followed "Legends", but I never did read those solo series. I picked up the first issues really as an afterthought. A lot of those whims are paying off these days which is nice. 

C5957262-CA3C-4D9D-B853-821A356AB91E.jpeg.02df08c64d1fd408a5c56f6a4cb152fd.jpeg

On 3/13/2023 at 10:12 PM, fastballspecial said:

I will continue to trash that book every chance I get. I wont even put it with Darkhawk 1 thats how low I think of it.

You started this thread 11 year ago. It's still got serious legs all these years later

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, jdandns said:

I paid .75 for mine and it came with a free pin :) Or the pin was just there for the taking?    I think I posted a pic of the slab and pin already in this topic so I wont again. It does remind me I have to pull out the rest of those giveaway 1980's pin/buttons one day and see what I have.

Edited by MAR1979