• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

Those various free promos by the comic shop cash register were the best, a little something extra.

I still have the Watchmen "Smiley Face" pin I got from a Redondo Beach, CA comic store while the series was ongoing.

Is there an existing thread for showing off that kind of stuff? 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:08 PM, jdandns said:

Those various free promos by the comic shop cash register were the best, a little something extra.

I still have the Watchmen "Smiley Face" pin I got from a Redondo Beach, CA comic store while the series was ongoing.

Is there an existing thread for showing off that kind of stuff? 

Great idea for a thread…off the top of my head, I’ve got that same Watchmen pin, a Spidey wearing a Christmas hat pin, and a glow in the dark Green Lantern ring.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:25 PM, Readcomix said:

Great idea for a thread…off the top of my head, I’ve got that same Watchmen pin, a Spidey wearing a Christmas hat pin, and a glow in the dark Green Lantern ring.

Pretty sure I have a 2009 Watchmen movie promo pin I got from the comic shop

On 3/14/2023 at 1:25 AM, Readcomix said:

I have a ton of posters and things.  I got a free mini-cosmic cube that glows in the dark a handful of years ago that was pretty cool.  Cool idea.  MAKE IT SO!  :) 

• Administrator
On 3/14/2023 at 8:59 PM, divad said:

@THE_BEYONDER

My/your innocuous little posts got removed - any idea why? hm 

Your post insinuated that another user was lazy.  The Beyonder quoted you, which resulted in the automatic removal of his post as well.  Please show more respect for other users in the future.  

On 3/14/2023 at 9:58 PM, MAR1979 said:

Here are few I had handy. The DC Universe came with the hardcover.  The Marvel's may have been issued in the late 70's but my nearest LCS was giving them out in the mid 80's. The Vigilante not sure if giveaway or a purchase around time the first series was issued. Long time ago and I was very young.

image.png.b295845bad74217b5e32c50b8f0b505c.png

Love it. Oddly, the LEGION and Starman are my favorites, if just because they're not exactly the titles that attracted much swag.

On 3/15/2023 at 3:27 PM, F For Fake said:

Love it. Oddly, the LEGION and Starman are my favorites, if just because they're not exactly the titles that attracted much swag.

Is that at all similar to astro boy? I vaguely remember a cartoon ???

On 3/15/2023 at 4:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is that at all similar to astro boy? I vaguely remember a cartoon ???

Well, not reaaaaally, except that L.E.G.I.O.N. and Starman were cool, and Astro Boy is also cool!

L.E.G.I.O.N. was a sort of sci-fi, military police force type deal, which was set in the then-present day DC Universe, and featured some characters which had ties to Legion of Super-Heroes.

The Starman series this button was promoting was from the late 80's, one of several characters that bore that name. It was fairly generic DC superheroing, but I enjoyed it as a kid. 

Astro Boy is a classic manga and anime, that influenced pretty much every Japanese comic and cartoon that followed it.

So, not really similar, other than all being cool things, and sometimes that's enough!

On 3/16/2023 at 8:26 AM, F For Fake said:

Well, not reaaaaally, except that L.E.G.I.O.N. and Starman were cool, and Astro Boy is also cool!

L.E.G.I.O.N. was a sort of sci-fi, military police force type deal, which was set in the then-present day DC Universe, and featured some characters which had ties to Legion of Super-Heroes.

And Lobo! It had Lobo!

:sumo: Here's a few Copper sales that just might blow your skirt up . . . :bigsmile: