• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2023 at 9:58 PM, MAR1979 said:

Here are few I had handy. The DC Universe came with the hardcover.  The Marvel's may have been issued in the late 70's but my nearest LCS was giving them out in the mid 80's. The Vigilante not sure if giveaway or a purchase around time the first series was issued. Long time ago and I was very young.

image.png.b295845bad74217b5e32c50b8f0b505c.png

Neat pin/ button group👍‼️

On 4/9/2023 at 12:00 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Since Advanced Dungeons & Dragons had a moment in the sun, and now Dragonlance is getting hot, any thoughts on the other DC TSR comics?

As the market continues to settle down the time frame in which a book will stay hot is shrinking on the whole.  If you have a hot book to sell, unload it quickly, even if not at absolute max FMV, to some rube/simpleton/novice/neophyte*, and if you are thinking of sending to CGC think twice as it could be cold by time you get it back which then results in wasted capital. Not to mention creates a glut of the same book for sale which outside of a historic bubble only hastens a price drop.

* I say rube/simpleton/novice/neophyte as after all who else foolishly chases only hot books. Far less of those folks in the hobby since the bubble burst, as they continue to leave the faster a Hot to Warm to Cold cycle will be.   IMHO organically slower but steady growth that is less likley to give up gains is better for sellers than a hot book de jour

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/31/2023 at 1:57 AM, kimik said:

The Marvel 25th anniversary covers have quietly moved up nicely in value over the past few years.t Some of the Star Comics issues go for crazy money now if I recall correctly.

The Muppet Babies and Heathcliff books are nuts. They're legitimately hard to find, especially in grade.

On 4/23/2023 at 9:41 PM, divad said:

Q: TURTLES? Sell into the movie whatever I have left  . . . or hold? hm

Hold until the next movie or relief check for everyone?  I'd be selling about 99% of books right now if you find a buyer.  

On 4/25/2023 at 4:45 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Ahhh the old buy high, sell low technique.

all depends on what was paid.  If it's more than a hobby as those with business acumen are aware; Cash flow is king!

On 4/25/2023 at 4:45 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Ahhh the old buy high, sell low technique.

I do see some logic in just sitting on stuff to see if this is just a little gully we are going through and maybe things will pick up in the near future.  But if you are selling books then I just don't see much speculating going on right now and I wouldn't be holding almost anything back if you can get a nice price.  I'm still sitting on some 1st appearance of Elfquest since I do think there is room for those to explode in the future but almost everything else is off the hold for later boxes and in the sell if you can boxes.

Edited by 1Cool

Well guess they're modern but pretty close to copper age. Pure meltdown on a few books I listed a couple weeks ago considering they were ASM 9.8s. 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 424 CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES | eBay

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 422 CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES - ELECTRO | eBay

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 423 CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES - ELECTRO | eBay

Not sure what that is in USD but probably 11 bucks and change each. Awesome ebay sales lol