• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Superhero Movie of all Time - for releases thru 2012 - Poll

Best Superhero Movie of all time  

903 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movie of all time

195 posts in this topic

(worship) lets hear your list

I could never come up with a Top Three movies of All Time. There are too many genres. Too many possibilities within a genre.

But a few films from different genres I think are IMPORTANT and ALSO worthy of being in a Top Spot are (I would ordinarily CAPITALIZE film names, but when they are listed like this it is OK to Proper Case them)::

Maltese Falcon, 12 Angry Men (1957), My Man Godfrey, Flash Gordon (1980), Ed Wood.

The original King Kong, Frankenstein, Dracula, Invisible Man and Wolf Man.

Werewolf Of London, American Werewolf In London, Blood and Donuts, Bride of the Monster.

The Princess Bride, Young Frankenstein, Silence of the Lambs, Manhunter, Serenity.

The Thing From Another World, The Day the Earth Stood Still, John Carpenter's The Thing, Alien, Predator.

Just a few of many dozens more. To reduce the entirety of film to three? It is inanity.

Some really great stuff in there. (thumbs u

Always happy to see people mentioning MY MAN GODFREY which is an absolute masterpiece that is sometimes forgotten or overlooked. (And is the main reason I've been in love with Carole Lombard since I was 8 years old or so. :grin:)

On the subject of superhero movies, for me it's SUPERMAN (1978) by a wide margin. :cloud9:

If we're talking about comic book movies in general, then AMERICAN SPLENDOR and ROAD TO PERDITION would be very high up the list.

Hellboy really was a great movie. Great actors, great makeup, set, plot, great -script/dialogue - just well done imo. One I also still enjoy was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I enjoyed Connery and the Nautilus.

Really? I thought LoEG was by far one of the worst movies I've ever seen and the HELLBOY movies were my least favourite DEL TORRO movies.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

As soon as the SUPERMAN VHS tape came out I bought it. This forced me to then buy a VCR, which I did. (true story)

The Matrix DVD forced me to buy and install a desktop DVD player, as it was my first-ever DVD. So I can understand about the media driving your buying habits to enjoy a film.

And I was not disappointed!

:cloud9:

We have something in common, as my first dvd I ever bought was The Matrix!

I think I then went out and bought one of those cheap 29.99 Walmart special dvd players for the then tubed tv. lol

As soon as the SUPERMAN VHS tape came out I bought it. This forced me to then buy a VCR, which I did. (true story)

The Matrix DVD forced me to buy and install a desktop DVD player, as it was my first-ever DVD. So I can understand about the media driving your buying habits to enjoy a film.

I think I then went out and bought one of those cheap 29.99 Walmart special dvd players for the then tubed tv. lol

Here in Canada the Matrix came in a cardboard DVD case, it still looks weird in my collection lol

The Dark Knight is still one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. Even with all of the plot holes, it still makes me feel like I want to throw on a cape and punch bad guys in the face. (Not exactly a good idea in Baltimore, but still.) Avengers, Batman (89) and First Class are also very good superhero films. I also have a soft spot for The Phantom and Dredd (2012). The two might not be "superhero" movies, but they both entertained the bejesus out of me.

The Dark Knight is still one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. Even with all of the plot holes, it still makes me feel like I want to throw on a cape and punch bad guys in the face. (Not exactly a good idea in Baltimore, but still.) Avengers, Batman (89) and First Class are also very good superhero films. I also have a soft spot for The Phantom and Dredd (2012). The two might not be "superhero" movies, but they both entertained the bejesus out of me.

lol:applause:

Spidey 1 :headbang:

Seeing Spider-Man movie in the theater the first time was an amazing feeling. But don't you think Spider-Man 2 was the better of the Raimi films? I'd put it up in the top 3 comic movies.

The train scene in Spidey 2 was my favorite moment in super hero movies...

"he's just a kid..."

man such goodness...

Spidey 1 :headbang:

Seeing Spider-Man movie in the theater the first time was an amazing feeling. But don't you think Spider-Man 2 was the better of the Raimi films? I'd put it up in the top 3 comic movies.

The train scene in Spidey 2 was my favorite moment in super hero movies...

"he's just a kid..."

man such goodness...

I don't know why so many people liked this scene. So much for a secret identity doh!

lol:applause:

+2!!

Here in Canada the Matrix came in a cardboard DVD case, it still looks weird in my collection lol

I got THE MATRIX here in the US when it first came out and it was also in a cardboard case. Same with my treasured FLASH GORDON (1980).

......I chose the Avengers.....after MUCH difficulty. Hot on it's heels, for me, were ASM 2, XMen First Class, Batman Begins, and (yes) Hulk 2. They're all neck and neck really. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I still like to watch LoEG and Hellboy :cloud9:

I could never come up with a Top Three movies of All Time. There are too many genres. Too many possibilities within a genre.

But a few films from different genres I think are IMPORTANT and ALSO worthy of being in a Top Spot are (I would ordinarily CAPITALIZE film names, but when they are listed like this it is OK to Proper Case them)::

Maltese Falcon, 12 Angry Men (1957), My Man Godfrey, Flash Gordon (1980), Ed Wood.

Werewolf Of London, American Werewolf In London, Blood and Donuts, Bride of the Monster.

The Princess Bride, Young Frankenstein, Silence of the Lambs, Manhunter, Serenity.

The Thing From Another World, The Day the Earth Stood Still, John Carpenter's The Thing, Alien, Predator.

Just a few of many dozens more. To reduce the entirety of film to three? It is inanity.

This is how much I respect your inability to make a decision:

GeorgeBushFingerGesture.jpg

The Three Greatest Movies of All Time That You Can't Possibly Not Love

Back to the Future

Jaws

Toy Story

This is how much I respect your inability to make a decision:

GeorgeBushFingerGesture.jpg

The Three Greatest Movies of All Time That You Can't Possibly Not Love

Back to the Future

Jaws

Toy Story

My personal opinion of the above three films is that one is a masterpiece, one is pretty good but not a big deal and one is barely OK and doesn't bear repeated viewings.

So, obviously, different strokes and all that... :grin:

My personal opinion of the above three films is that one is a masterpiece, one is pretty good but not a big deal and one is barely OK and doesn't bear repeated viewings.

So, obviously, different strokes and all that... :grin:

No! We have to argue over who has the best taste! :sumo:

I am curious which of those three you think is barely okay. Ouch.

Too many great superhero movies out there - I went with Avengers. I have yet to see the latest Batman movie, and have to say that Batman Begins was (IMHO) far better than the Dark Knight.

How lucky we are to be getting to see so many fantastic movies and so many more in the works! :headbang:

I've never seen toy story :eek:

It is fantastic! :applause:

I've heard, and I've enjoyed all the other Pixar stuff. Not really sure why this one got missed hm

I haven't seen all the Pixar films as of yet and didn;t see Toy Story until years after it was in theaters.