• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROYAL NATION - LONDON - Yesterday!!!!!

35 posts in this topic

Harry doesn't do a booth anymore as he got rid of what he wanted to sell (a vast amount of Hulk 102s). I'll be there, don't you know. Don't forget to bring those mags I won (I'll be paying you cash, you'll be glad to hear).

Aside from me, there'll be all the usual suspects. As for U.K. Forumites, Borg may be there, and possibly Ian. However the hot weather may keep people away, especially if the AC isn't working....

Harry doesn't do a booth anymore as he got rid of what he wanted to sell (a vast amount of Hulk 102s). I'll be there, don't you know. Don't forget to bring those mags I won (I'll be paying you cash, you'll be glad to hear).

Aside from me, there'll be all the usual suspects. As for U.K. Forumites, Borg may be there, and possibly Ian. However the hot weather may keep people away, especially if the AC isn't working....

Do you guys do a forum dinner?

It's a thought, but no, there's never been a Forum dinner for the British (or European, if Chrome and Osborne want to join in) contingent.

It's a thought, but no, there's never been a Forum dinner for the British (or European, if Chrome and Osborne want to join in) contingent.

Really not that many of us though. crazy.gif

Yes, that's right. tonofbricks.gif

How many major Europeans are there are on here?

Borg, Kev, me, you, VisibleMan, Bill43, herc2000, EwanUK, fortysevenuk, (Ian?), Flaming Telepath, Chromium, Osborn France, and err, that may well be all as regards regular posters. If you can think of anyone else, lmk!!!

And none of them are Majors. As far as I'm aware. tongue.gif

Following my latest excursion I don't think I'm going to be in the position of hitting any shows for quite some time. frown.gifsorry.gif

Borg, Kev, me, you, VisibleMan, Bill43, herc2000, EwanUK, fortysevenuk, (Ian?), Flaming Telepath, Chromium, Osborn France, and err, that may well be all as regards regular posters. If you can think of anyone else, lmk!!!

And none of them are Majors. As far as I'm aware. tongue.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm gona let the side down and say I went - but for all of 10 minutes!

Just had to drop a couple of items of to the guys. Goldie being one of them thumbsup2.gif Managed to meet Ian Levine too - nice guy, and certainly doesnt deserve the flaming he got here 893naughty-thumb.gif

Anyway

Plenty of CGC items from what I saw - but didnt get a chance to see many prices. I didnt want to tempt myself, I dragged the missus along as we had to pop straight on to somewhere else in London. She was very impressed with the hot hotel full of comics foreheadslap.gif

Thats my report - I bet Goldie could do much better confused-smiley-013.gif

English "marts" are nothing like any of you US folk will take for granted. Today's was a bit sparse though - but the Royal Nationals are better than the Bidborough ones. I always have great expectations but they're never fulfilled I'm afraid. Spent all of £20 - on Catweasel's 50p stuff and pirate DVDs. (Shocking amount available - doesn't anyone investigate...)

Yes, lots of CGC - and even Goldust looks to have freshly bagged his never-depleting card-board boxes full of them - and re-attached those curling labels with super-glue! Well done mate! wink.gif

Watched Ian haggling with Fat Andy - most entertaining.

Avoided Silveracre as usual - don't know about anyone else, but they both give me the creeps...

You know, I often wonder if anyone sells anything... Tells us dealers - is it worth your while?

Who doesnt avoid SA, they amaze me, and REALLY give me the creeps. And after he stiffed me for £50, I'll never deal with him again! Really cut throat, and not good to do business with.

The only plus I would give them is that it is a family business - and good on him for getting the family involved and having one of the biggest stocks in the world! And can never beleive they have multiple copies of Batman #1 on show at the end of the table - within Kevs arm reach 27_laughing.gif

I too cannot believe the pirate DVDs, it's like a boot sale in there 27_laughing.gif

English "marts" are nothing like any of you US folk will take for granted. Today's was a bit sparse though - but the Royal Nationals are better than the Bidborough ones. I always have great expectations but they're never fulfilled I'm afraid. Spent all of £20 - on Catweasel's 50p stuff and pirate DVDs. (Shocking amount available - doesn't anyone investigate...)

Yes, lots of CGC - and even Goldust looks to have freshly bagged his never-depleting card-board boxes full of them - and re-attached those curling labels with super-glue! Well done mate! wink.gif

Watched Ian haggling with Fat Andy - most entertaining.

Avoided Silveracre as usual - don't know about anyone else, but they both give me the creeps...

You know, I often wonder if anyone sells anything... Tells us dealers - is it worth your while?

Excuse the ridiculously late reply - the RN show is old news now. It has to be said that Marts aren't as insane and crowded as they once were - they're still worth doing, as they give you a profile and allow you to sell a lot of average material. I do find that more and more customers are checking my website and asking me to bring stuff rather than look through the boxes. Passing trade is down, although a lot of the technophobic older collectors still attend and even spend money.

As for the Bidborough Street mart, the September show is the last one, and about time too. That place was poorly lit, badly located and stunk (this was mostly due to the beer festivals they hold there on Saturdays, and the fact that certain dealers are strangers to hygiene).

Yes, Ian haggles with everyone. A lot. 893frustrated.gif

As for my CGCs Ewan, I'll have you know I went to a lot of trouble to glue everything together. smirk.gif

Was a shame, but I will try to spend a bit ore time at the next one. I might even open the wallet 893whatthe.gif Maybe Incognito will try to sell me that TOS 39 VF that they have had for several years 27_laughing.gif (and certainly not VF)

Never, saw this, was away for my holls....

I'm game for a forum dinner, I'm sure Oz is up for it too, I live 3 hours from Paris and 4 hours from London, so it's feasible...

But if I'm coming, it's PROPER food and PROPER beer (no toad-in-the-hole monstrosities, no Newcastle "Broon" ale, no cider-[!@#%^&^]....)

I'm Belgian, we have culinary standards.... sign-rantpost.gif

Oh, and I would prefer a meet-up around the time Cadburry's Creme Eggs are for sale as well.... confused-smiley-013.gif