• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor: God Of Thunder

85 posts in this topic

A lot of us have been pretty down on Marvel recently (including me) but thanks to a fellow CS member Lee K, I picked up Thor: God Of Thunder and have been really enjoying it. The art is nice, the initial storyline is intriguing and I'll be honest going back to my first love of mythology based hero stories is a nice change of pace.

Why not check out this book and LMK if I'm losing it, just nostalgic or it really is enjoyable?

This book is sooooooooo good. I would still pay full price just for the art. The fact that there is a story is just a bonus lol

All you need to know is that Jason Aaron is focusing this new series around THOR in 3 different time periods

Young THOR

Current THOR

Old THOR

This current arc's story involves all three time periods. I thought this might just be for the first arc but Aaron says that for his entire run he plans to do different stories in all the time periods. Really excited to see what he comes up with.

Wish I could afford the cover to 1&2 ... only $11,000

http://www.anthonyscomicbookart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=28383&ArtistId=434&Details=0&From=Room

0za7vl.jpg

I think avengers has been a good book also

To give background I've read almost 0 Marvel titles before besides Astonishing X-Men (Whedon). Took the NOW! opportunity to try a few titles. Enjoying All New X-Men, Avengers, and FF along with THOR.

I hadn't been getting Thor for a while but since I'd been hearing good things about the relaunch, it's going on my pull list and I'll be looking for the issues I missed.

don't really care for the artwork in Hawkeye, almost didn't pick up the 1st issue because of it.

Yeah, I'm getting Hawkeye but the artwork is bringing it down for me. It just doesn't appeal to me but I'll still be buying it just for the storytelling alone.

don't really care for the artwork in Hawkeye, almost didn't pick up the 1st issue because of it.

Yeah, I'm getting Hawkeye but the artwork is bringing it down for me. It just doesn't appeal to me but I'll still be buying it just for the storytelling alone.

I love the artwork. I think it fits the mood of the book very well.

Checking out comixology, Thor: God Of Thunder #4 is in the tenth most pulled comic for Wednesday http://pulllist.comixology.com/pulled/2013/01/09?start=0 with only 400 less pulls than Superior Spider-Man #1. I know that's not indicadive of sales as a whole but it does show good interest..