• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am so disgusted I won't turn this in...

356 posts in this topic

Remember now?

Now, I don't think I've EVER heard of such a thing, Cal. If you're involved in something like that, why, I'm not only more than a little disgusted, I'm pretty danged sad for you.

One last time - I do not participate in the unsolicited eMails I get regarding shill bidding.

You did not prove your case when you tried to put words in my mouth Major Khaos and this again shows why you are a known troll and trouble-maker and I would not be sad if you were removed someday from this Forum.

Now what would you say if I am NOT involved in this activity? Nothing. The conversations always stop when the straws to grasp for are no longer available.

Go troll someone else please.

But none of this happened in this case. You were simply outbid and are annoyed about it. You have absolutely no proof whatsoever that this guy/girl is a shill other than your own paranoia.....but you're going to report them as a suspected shill regardless.

That's not cool.....and being awfully petty in my opinion.....

Jim

True - none of that has happened in this case - BUT I don't see anyone putting forth any evidence of a two-day registrant( July 28 was the reg day) to bid $812.30 worth of Silver age comics. When I was a zero( 0) bidder I did not spend $812.30.

My own paranoia aside, my experience does tell me that this newbie is a shill.

Not cool? I don't think me being trashed here on the Thread I started is not cool, but I don't see you saying much( anything) about that. Silence is a form of condonement.

Petty? This is my sideline business, and I take that VERY seriously. Petty is trashing other Forum members and trying to participate in coversations with those who have experience in the topic discussed. Have you ever had a shill outbid you? I catch about one per month.

If a Seller wants $80.00 for that Silver Surfer # 5 VF+ 8.5 - put a freakin' reserve on it - ok so it costs a few bucks - that is cheaper than having me going to eBay about it. Why do I try to reason with you guys here?

CAL flamed.gif

Remember now?

Now, I don't think I've EVER heard of such a thing, Cal. If you're involved in something like that, why, I'm not only more than a little disgusted, I'm pretty danged sad for you.

One last time - I do not participate in the unsolicited eMails I get regarding shill bidding.

You did not prove your case when you tried to put words in my mouth Major Khaos and this again shows why you are a known troll and trouble-maker and I would not be sad if you were removed someday from this Forum.

Now what would you say if I am NOT involved in this activity? Nothing. The conversations always stop when the straws to grasp for are no longer available.

Go troll someone else please.

I wouldn't have said ANYTHING if you wouldn't have given us a REASON to doubt you, Cal.

And I didn't put words in your mouth, Cal, those were YOUR WORDS. You're talking about people (large numbers of people, by the way you describe it) asking you to shill their auctions. Why would ANYONE risk doing that (particularly in light of your supposed "reputation" as a shill-buster), unless they knew you were going to shill for them?*

You claim to report SO MANY people for shilling, yet YOU are getting these emails REQUESTING that you shill for various people?

Again, it sounds like a shill-ring. A shill cartel, if you will. Sure seems fishy to me, Cal.

*Please be sure to answer that question, thanks.

Cal,

You have to be amused by the fact that you threw down a simple comment and the thread took on a life of it's own, where we have discussed cinema, death and the maiden. Love these boards!

Redhook,

Now we need to thin out the herd!

CAL insane.gif

I wouldn't have said ANYTHING if you wouldn't have given us a REASON to doubt you, Cal.

And I didn't put words in your mouth, Cal, those were YOUR WORDS. You're talking about people (large numbers of people, by the way you describe it) asking you to shill their auctions. Why would ANYONE risk doing that (particularly in light of your supposed "reputation" as a shill-buster), unless they knew you were going to shill for them?*

You claim to report SO MANY people for shilling, yet YOU are getting these emails REQUESTING that you shill for various people?

Again, it sounds like a shill-ring. A shill cartel, if you will. Sure seems fishy to me, Cal.

*Please be sure to answer that question, thanks

Easy A to your Q:

The unsolicited eMailers are always different ones - they don't know much about me OR I think are taking some risk in the hopes that I will do this. Every once in a while I track them ( lurk mode only) and they get themselves kicked off - I don't have to do much.

The ones who know me as a shill-buster would not DARE ask me to prop up an auction. Makes sense to me.

Yes there are independent groups of shill-rings out there. Most of them don't know about each other - they have the mentality - "no one else thought of this yet". lol eBay has its own forces and nails most of them.

One LAST and FINAL time: my words were: I do NOT participate in this activity. The Forum Members know I am the shill-buster. Now I am going to shill bust someone, and tell you that I do this too? To selectively spin information to one's liking is the ultimate indicator of the accusing's true wishes - they must WANT to only think the worst about someone. Sig line, please:

CAL juggle.gif

True - none of that has happened in this case - BUT I don't see anyone putting forth any evidence of a two-day registrant( July 28 was the reg day) to bid $812.30 worth of Silver age comics.

That's because no one needs to. You're the one who thinks it a shill. That doesn't mean everyone has to share your opinion.....

My own paranoia aside, my experience does tell me that this newbie is a shill.

Not cool? I don't think me being trashed here on the Thread I started is not cool, but I don't see you saying much( anything) about that. Silence is a form of condonement.

You're a big boy, right? Why do you need others to defend you? I don't expect other forum members to rush to my defense.....

Petty? This is my sideline business, and I take that VERY seriously. Petty is trashing other Forum members and trying to participate in coversations with those who have experience in the topic discussed. Have you ever had a shill outbid you? I catch about one per month.

We are discussing your topic. You don't like the answers apparently. And yes, I've had shills outbid me on numerous occasions.....and reported them as well. But I was sure they were shills first by doing a little homework and proving my case with something more concrete than a "feeling".....

If a Seller wants $80.00 for that Silver Surfer # 5 VF+ 8.5 - put a freakin' reserve on it - ok so it costs a few bucks - that is cheaper than having me going to eBay about it.

So now you're some sort of eBay police trying to dictate how others conduct their auctions? Because you're inconvienenced? And without any proof? If you like looking the "fool", go right ahead..... 27_laughing.gif

Jim

Easy A to your Q:

The unsolicited eMailers are always different ones - they don't know much about me OR I think are taking some risk in the hopes that I will do this. Every once in a while I track them ( lurk mode only) and they get themselves kicked off - I don't have to do much.

The ones who know me as a shill-buster would not DARE ask me to prop up an auction. Makes sense to me.

So, you only track them. You don't bust them, yet you bust OTHER people merely because you SUSPECT they MIGHT have been shilling... yet, when you have evidence-- HARD, DIRECT EVIDENCE-- you do nothing?

Riiiiiiiiight.

Yes there are independent groups of shill-rings out there. Most of them don't know about each other - they have the mentality - "no one else thought of this yet". lol eBay has its own forces and nails most of them.

And how do you know about them? I just assumed these would be small circles of friends. Again, if you have infiltrated and verified the existence of these "Shill Rings", why have you done nothing to stop them? Why do you continue to report people who only MIGHT be shilling?

One LAST and FINAL time: my words were: I do NOT participate in this activity. The Forum Members know I am the shill-buster. Now I am going to shill bust someone, and tell you that I do this too? To selectively spin information to one's liking is the ultimate indicator of the accusing's true wishes - they must WANT to only think the worst about someone.

Okay, Shill-Buster, you've spent the last three posts trying to spin your way out of this. It's not working, it still doesn't add up. Why would you NOT go after shill rings of which you are fully aware, or even the legions of random ebayers who email YOU IN PARTICULAR (for whatever reason) asking that you shill for them? Why do you report some people who you SUSPECT may be shilling, and not those that you KNOW are shilling?

It just doesn't add up, Cal.

Sig line, please:

CAL juggle.gif

Yes, it seems that you have many balls in the air.

Understood. I retract my earlier appraisal of the situation based on the high bidder's varied bid record. It's obviously a shill cartel that he's working for and eBayers everywhere have a right to be disgusted.

Does that put us back on track?

27_laughing.gif

Uh-oh! Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!

No. No, man. Sheet, no, man. I believe you'd get your [!@#%^&^] kicked sayin' something like that, man.

True - none of that has happened in this case - BUT I don't see anyone putting forth any evidence of a two-day registrant( July 28 was the reg day) to bid $812.30 worth of Silver age comics. When I was a zero( 0) bidder I did not spend $812.30.

I just wanted to say that I have seen new users spend a lot of money right away when they first sign on. The one time it happened to me, the users was legit and ended up buying a lot of stuff rather quickly. Some people just sign on for the first time on ebay and start spending like crazy because they can.

This person might be a shill but the evidence isn't there IMO.

So, you only track them. You don't bust them, yet you bust OTHER people merely because you SUSPECT they MIGHT have been shilling... yet, when you have evidence-- HARD, DIRECT EVIDENCE-- you do nothing?

Riiiiiiiiight.

Yes I DO bust them see my other Threads Shill of the month don't be lazy - look them up.

And how do you know about them? I just assumed these would be small circles of friends. Again, if you have infiltrated and verified the existence of these "Shill Rings", why have you done nothing to stop them? Why do you continue to report people who only MIGHT be shilling

Articles on Google, magazines, TV, etc. It is well-known. I have stopped many.

Okay, Shill-Buster, you've spent the last three posts trying to spin your way out of this. It's not working, it still doesn't add up. Why would you NOT go after shill rings of which you are fully aware, or even the legions of random ebayers who email YOU IN PARTICULAR (for whatever reason) asking that you shill for them? Why do you report some people who you SUSPECT may be shilling, and not those that you KNOW are shilling?

I don't need to spin my way out of anything. Period. The last 3 posts you have your energy on is the feeble attempt to put those words that I did not post from my keyboard. You insist that I posted those words when everyone else can see that I did not. You are looking like the troll/fool here. And the more reason fails, my case is much more solid. Right. Awe4one?

I have gone after them and have gotten many kicked off.

I can't get the unsoliciting eMailers kicked off for asking me to do that. Am I right about this since you are now the expert on shill bidding AND eBay? Please help me as my eBaying is obviously being done very poorly. Help me please.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

And the more reason fails, my case is much more solid. Right. Awe4one?

Well considering I haven't discussed the "Shill Ring" tangent of your posts yet....you did ask.....

When you mentioned all the random e-mails from unknowns asking you to shill.....I immediately got the "feeling" it was bull and was so disgusted that you might be lying, I couldn't call you out..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Riiiiiiiiight.

Yes I DO bust them see my other Threads Shill of the month don't be lazy - look them up.

You just bust people from whom you aren't receiving emailed requests for your shilling services, is that it?

And how do you know about them? I just assumed these would be small circles of friends. Again, if you have infiltrated and verified the existence of these "Shill Rings", why have you done nothing to stop them? Why do you continue to report people who only MIGHT be shilling

Articles on Google, magazines, TV, etc. It is well-known. I have stopped many.

Are you trying to portray yourself as some sort of Shill-Busting celebrity? It is decidedly not well-known, I'm afraid. You'll have to present us with some evidence of this... not that it will help your case. After all, just because a man decides to become a cop, that doesn't mean he's not "on the take."

I don't need to spin my way out of anything. Period. The last 3 posts you have your energy on is the feeble attempt to put those words that I did not post from my keyboard. You insist that I posted those words when everyone else can see that I did not. You are looking like the troll/fool here. And the more reason fails, my case is much more solid. Right. Awe4one?

Cal, are you denying that you said anything about people emailing you asking that you shill their auctions? It's all right there. Your name, your avatar, your fingers doing the talking. Talking about how you are implicated in some sort of shill ring where people will email you asking that you shill their auctions. There is no denying that, Cal.

I have gone after them and have gotten many kicked off.

But only the (probably innocent) people who legitimately outbid you, not the ones who ask for your help, is that it?

I can't get the unsoliciting eMailers kicked off for asking me to do that. Am I right about this since you are now the expert on shill bidding AND eBay? Please help me as my eBaying is obviously being done very poorly. Help me please.

You seem unsure about the ability to get people kicked off for having had them ask for shill assistance... You can, however, get people kicked off for much less than that, as you have boasted about getting people booted merely for the SUSPICION of shilling. I must then conclude that you are not TRYING to get these emailers booted off, is that correct?

I mean, for one so principled, I would think that you were tossing and turning EVERY NIGHT in bed worrying about these people who would "erroneously" assume that YOU would shill their auctions for them. You do, however, admit that you do NOTHING to stop these people.

The question now is, "Why?" Why don't you make an effort to stop them, Cal? Why don't you try reporting them to Ebay? Obviously you haven't yet, so the collusion is implicit. As you said earlier:

"Silence is a form of condonement." (Your words, I would have phrased it with greater eloquence and grandiloquence.)

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

Indeed.

Ok.. Ok.. enuff you two.

Either take it out back.. makepoint.gifsumo.gif

or shake hands and agree to disagree. flowerred.gifangel.gif

I live 5 miles outside of Indianapolis where this seller lives..danl001

If you have his home addy.. pass it along to me

I will pop over and say " Hello.. I have a simple question for you".. " Do you Shill?"

He will most likely be polite, and ask me in for tea and strumpets.

But in case you dont hear from me again.. I leave my comics to all of you..

Each of you may have 1 comic.. but be polite 893naughty-thumb.gifand take the one closest to you..no digging thru the stack for a good one.

Z

Oh.. and P.S... I never worked in an Office of any kind.. but I love "Office Space"...and anyone that has EVER had troubles with a Printer/Fax machine needs to watch this movie... just for the bashing scene in itself.

I just looked again. It was 8 sellers and the newbie only won $210 worth of stuff. So i don't know where that 800 figure came from.

I've also never had ANY stranger email me asking me to shill their auctions. That's crazy.

I just looked again. It was 8 sellers and the newbie only won $210 worth of stuff. So i don't know where that 800 figure came from.

I've also never had ANY stranger email me asking me to shill their auctions. That's crazy.

Yeah, I didn't believe that one either.

29_1_16.gif

awwww dont end it now. Khaos has cleverly circled Cal in a corner and I want to see ho whe gets out!

By PMing the mods and asking to "clean up the boards" and getting rid of the "troublemakers".... tongue.gif