• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOW DOES JASON EWERT DO IT??!!

265 posts in this topic

Good stuff. blush.gif

This thread is even better: Some Guys Get All The Breaks - 8.5 to 9.2

It was unbelievable the level of "grace" Ewert enjoyed even without weilding the knife. Somehow graders went from 8.0,8.5,8.5 to a mindmeld 9.2,9.2,9.2 on a book with a spine tear. Resub magic. yeahok.gif

Yeah, that one was a doozy.

I think it was that one single incident that finally and totally convinced me that CGC were never going to be 'impartial'. Money will always talk as far as Sarasota is concerned... frown.gif

Great quote from that thread....

But I will give Jason props on this much, the guy's got a great eye for seeing books, and he does the legwork so personally I give him all the credit in the world for being a guy who hustles.

Yeah, you could say that! 27_laughing.gif

Great quote from that thread....

But I will give Jason props on this much, the guy's got a great eye for seeing books, and he does the legwork so personally I give him all the credit in the world for being a guy who hustles.

Yeah, you could say that! 27_laughing.gif

...he's still a hustler,...just sells a different kind of trim job now,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

kk.JPG

"And if Jason E has nothing to hide.. why would he not want to show up.. and state for the record he does not press..resub .. whatever... if I were him I would come and face those who speak out against me.. hear them out and tell them why they are wrong."

Jason would be willing to answer questions, but this one is old news and one he has already dealt with, it has nothing to do with hiding.

"But for you to ask the board to quiet down, or Jason will never come.. does seem a bit silly....if all you want is a highbrow dinner of elite guests.. then have a seperate dinner..plain and simple, then hold a CGC forum bru ha ha fun fest for the riff raff on another day.

Next are you gonig to impose a moratorium on certain topics ?

Sit there, chew your steak.. and talk about how Spidey could really beat Antman?"

I never said that, please read my post again.

Who mentioned "highbrow elite dinners"? And "riff raff"? Most of the people on these boards are becoming friends of mine I would never imply that. 893naughty-thumb.gif People always ask me if I can bring some guests to the dinners, so I try to. Those who have seen me at the dinners know I don't make it anything more than it is; a chat board dinner, talking comics and other topics that come up, and I sit with whoever I have not seen during the day wether they are "players" or not. I also answer any "hard" questions asked of me.

All I stated is that announcing that "I am going to bring this topic/question up if so and so comes to dinner" is a sure way to help them not to show.

And REDHOOK: why is it that certification has taken the P,L, & U out of comics? From what I have seen we have helped bring it back confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Steve, I'm from the future. Just a friendly head's up: don't leave your cell phone unattended around any misguided youths you happen to meet through this message board.

Sigh. We were so naive in 2004. doh!

And that statement about them being consignments was pure conjecture. No proof of that at all. Just for the record.

Other than Jason saying that a lot of the books he sells are on consignment, you mean.

Someone please tell me we're not going to turn this thread back against Jason, are we? This is getting [!@#%^&^] ridiculous. 893frustrated.gif

And that statement about them being consignments was pure conjecture. No proof of that at all. Just for the record.

Other than Jason saying that a lot of the books he sells are on consignment, you mean.

Someone please tell me we're not going to turn this thread back against Jason, are we? This is getting [!@#%^&^] ridiculous. 893frustrated.gif

The old avatar... lol Blast from the past. Digging it. :applause:

I was thinking of bumping your thread when you missed out on the AF 15 restored copy on Comiclink that Hammer snatched. :baiting: I feel that was another classic thread.

I was thinking of bumping your thread when you missed out on the AF 15 restored copy on Comiclink that Hammer snatched. :baiting: I feel that was another classic thread.

It totally was! Put it in the Classic Threads thread. :wishluck:

Do you remember how much money he made when he sold that book a few years later????? :frustrated:

The old avatar... lol Blast from the past. Digging it. :applause:

:headbang:

Holy mess. I just realized RonM is the one who bumped this 5 years ago after the Ewert Scandal broke. He is also one of the most infamous people ever to grace these boards.

He actually travelled to my house and bought my Batman collection.....

Holy mess. I just realized RonM is the one who bumped this 5 years ago after the Ewert Scandal broke. He is also one of the most infamous people ever to grace these boards.

He actually travelled to my house and bought my Batman collection.....

..he bought a lot of my Batman collection as well,...did he ever get convicted?