• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan Con 2013 Spring - March 16, 2013 - Orland Park, IL

17 posts in this topic

dancon2013postersmall13.jpg

Dan Con is a comic book show that is held in the Southern Suburbs of Chicago. The main concept behind Dan Con is to showcase the local comic book talent, comic book shops and local comic book dealers that can be found in the Chicagoland area.

Dan Con 2013 Spring will have over 50 local comic book creators on hand and over 10 local comic book sellers.

Admission is only $3 and 1 child is free with a paid adult.

There will be a Heroclix tournament held by Galactic Force.

Dan Con is coming to Orland Park 2 times in 2013.

The Spring show will be Saturday, March 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The Fall show will be Saturday, September 21 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

More info at www.danconcomiccon.com

Orland Park Civic Center

14750 South Ravinia Avenue

Orland Park, IL 60462

Only 11 Days left!!! Have you seen the list of creators yet?

Dan Con is proud to have at the 2013 Spring show:

Cory Amons

Brian Babendererde

Tom Bacon

Thomas Barnett

Gabriel Bautista

Sarah Benkin

Beta 3 Comics

Big Dog Ink

Lance "DOC" Boucher

Rob E. Brown

Justin Castaneda

Brian J. Crowley

Ed Dunphy

Fantum Breed Entertainment

John Everson

Anthony Feinman

Peter G

Jack Gonzalez

Cory Hamscher

Mike Indovina

Instant Press Comics

Ivan James

Tom Kelly

Douglas Klauba

Andy "Shaggy" Korty

Andrew Kudelka

Legion Studios

Jon Lennon

Wally Lowe

Phil Machi

Dirk Manning

Michael Mendheim

Kurt Mitchell

Lee O'Hanlon

Ron Ong

Douglas Paszkiewicz

P.I. Jane

Dann Phillips

Dave Punk

Travis Pursell

Lorenzo Ross

Brandon Santiago

Ryan Schrodt

Silver Phoenix Entertainment

Mark Stegbauer

Tom Stillwell

Sun Bros Studios

Jim Terry

Unshaven Comics

Ray Wegner

Jon Westhoff

This show has been gaining momentum every year. I use to love these small cons many years back before e-bay. I hope some day more of these start popping up.

I may have to wear a disquise at this show so I can move about in the crowd undetected. hm

This show has been gaining momentum every year. I use to love these small cons many years back before e-bay. I hope some day more of these start popping up.

I may have to wear a disquise at this show so I can move about in the crowd undetected. hm

I too love smaller cons, its nice to just go and spend a few hours box diving and go home. Soooo happy to see more small shows popping up around Chicago so I don't have to drive 3 hours to get to a show. Dan Con has been one of my favorites and I am hoping that the TCS show will pick up as it is moving to the same location as Dan Con this year.

The last Mighty Con in Wheaton had a great crowd and the guys who run that are starting up an event in St Charles also. And it sounds like there may be a small show starting up around the Palatine area also in the next year. Lots more comics for everyone.

I stopped by for the last couple hours of the show today and enjoyed it immensely. I went to look through some long boxes to fill some gaps in my Uncanny X-Men collection. Even though there were only a handful of tables and dealers, the selection was great on everything and the prices even better. Everyone was super friendly and having a great time. I even managed to snag a Pressman X-Men 11 for a buck and found a JCP MVP UXM 245 for $8!

If you have a chance to attend later this year for the fall show, I would definitely recommend it! For only $3 admission, you can't go wrong. :headbang: