• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TORONTO COMICON Presented by Fan Expo Canada™ MARCH 9-10/2013

65 posts in this topic

TORONTO COMICON Presented by Fan Expo Canada™

March 9-10, 2013

Metro Toronto Convention Centre - South Building Hall D

Admission: $25 Saturday, $20 Sunday, $39 for the weekend.

FanExpo Canada Premium Pass holders get in free one day of their choosing only!!

Kids 12 and under free! (With purchase of adult ticket, 2 children per 1 adult only)

http://www.comicontoronto.com/

COMIC GUESTS

Guest of Honour

MIKE ZECK - Captain America, The Punisher, Marvel Secret Wars

Comic Guests

MIKE McKONE -Avengers Academy

LEE WEEKS - Daredevil, The Hulk

JOE JUSKO - Warlord of Mars

MARK TEXEIRA - Punisher:Nightmare

KATIE COOK - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

DALE KEOWN - Marvel Cover Artist

MIKE DEL MUNDO - Marvel Cover Artist

MARCO RUDY - Swamp Thing

CARY NORD - XO-Manowar

LEONARD KIRK - X-Factor

TY TEMPLETON - Ultimate Spider Man

RENNE WITTERSTAETTER - Editor, Publisher, Writer

ALSO APPEARING

Robert Bailey, Marco D'Alfonso, Anthony DeL Col, Johnny Desjardins, Julie Faulkerner,

Agnes Garbowska, Adam Gorham, Fearless Fred Kenndey, Marvin law, Alvin Lee, Leo Leibelman, Nimit Malavia, Conor McCreery, Richard Pace & Craig Yeung..

Plus many more to come.

Please check out the web-site for updates and additional guests. Toronto ComiCon Guest list.

CELEBRITY GUESTS

MICHAEL HOGAN - Battlestar Galactica, Teen Wolf

SEAN ASTIN - The Goonies, The Lord of The Rings

AND THE CAST OF STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!

SIR PATRICK STEWART- Captain Picard

JONATHAN FRAKES - Cmdr. Riker

LEVAR BURTON - Lt. Cmdr. La Forge

MICHEAL DORN - Lt. Worf

MARINA SIRTIS -Counselor Troi

BRENT SPINER - Lt. Cmdr. Data

GATES MCFADDEN - Dr. Crusher

All cast autograph, cast photo-op sessions and VIP tickets are only available through Lightspeed Fine Art.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

* All cast members will also have individual photo op and autograph opportunites during the show hours of Toronto ComiCon.

Please note the above tickets do not include admission to Toronto ComiCon unless otherwise noted.

AN EVENING WITH THE CAST OF STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION

Warning: Fan Men and Women, be prepared for the event of a lifetime! For the first time ever in Toronto, the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation® comes to you live on stage!

Toronto ComiCon presented by Fan Expo Canada™ is very excited to bring this dynamic event to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on the evening of Saturday, March 9, 2013. The cast will be on stage together sharing stories and recounting tales with celebrity hosts Teddy Wilson, Ajay Fry and Cynthia Loyst from Space.

Remember, this is a separate ticketed event and your admission to the Toronto ComiCon does not allow you access to “An evening with the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation”.

Tickets for this event are assigned by Priority on first come, first served basis and tickets are limited in each block.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON TICKETS FOR STAR TREK RELATED INFO !!

I don't see his name but I was hoping Dan Parent was going to make this one. He always has some pretty cool stuff.

I don't recall him at previous Toronto ComiCONs, but he has been at Fan Expo for the past few years. I do agree, he does have some pretty cool stuff, and pretty cheap (but great) original artwork. Bought a splash page of Betty and Veronica, for only $25!

I don't see his name but I was hoping Dan Parent was going to make this one. He always has some pretty cool stuff.

I don't recall him at previous Toronto ComiCONs, but he has been at Fan Expo for the past few years. I do agree, he does have some pretty cool stuff, and pretty cheap (but great) original artwork. Bought a splash page of Betty and Veronica, for only $25!

This is a FAN EXPO (Hobbystar) event...

Jason is correct. Dan has not been to Toronto ComiCon. But almost always for Fan Expo.

And yes is this a Hobby Star Marketing event.

Okay. I don't think I understand the difference as it says 'Fan Expo' in the title of the thread but I will just go with it.

TORONTO COMIC CON

The Toronto Comic Con* is an annual comic book convention held in Toronto, Canada starting in 2003. It was sold in 2009 to Wizard Entertainment owner Gareb Shamus and was relaunched as a Wizard event in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Comic_Con

Wizard seems to have put their 2013 con on the back burner as it's not on their schedule for this year.

TORONTO COMICON

Toronto ComiCON is a series of semi-annual comic book conventions held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, since 2001. Hobbystar (who also run Fan Expo Canada) hold fall, spring, and winter one-day comic book conventions called the Toronto ComiCON at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. From 2004-2011, the spring event was referred to as the "Fan Appreciation Event" and included free admission held in conjunction with participating Toronto-area comic book stores such as the Silver Snail. Since 2007 the annual spring Toronto ComiCON has been a multi-day event, in 2012 it expanded to incorporate the annual March Toronto AnimeCon (MTAC).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Comicon

TORONTO COMIC CON

The Toronto Comic Con* is an annual comic book convention held in Toronto, Canada starting in 2003. It was sold in 2009 to Wizard Entertainment owner Gareb Shamus and was relaunched as a Wizard event in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Comic_Con

Wizard seems to have put their 2013 con on the back burner as it's not on their schedule for this year.

TORONTO COMICON

Toronto ComiCON is a series of semi-annual comic book conventions held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, since 2001. Hobbystar (who also run Fan Expo Canada) hold fall, spring, and winter one-day comic book conventions called the Toronto ComiCON at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. From 2004-2011, the spring event was referred to as the "Fan Appreciation Event" and included free admission held in conjunction with participating Toronto-area comic book stores such as the Silver Snail. Since 2007 the annual spring Toronto ComiCON has been a multi-day event, in 2012 it expanded to incorporate the annual March Toronto AnimeCon (MTAC).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Comicon

(thumbs u

CGC will NOT be attending the FANEXPO show so no onsite grading. I know b/c I emailed CGC and asked.

I think it is bogus, why would you not attend Canada's biggest event? It makes zero sense. Maybe they have an exclusive deal with Wizard shows?

Apparently, CGC may attend the WIZARD show (if there even is a 2013 Wizard World Toronto)

This is old territory revisited, no Canadian show will ever get on-site grading.

Why? The border, the space needed that the show would have to provide for a grading room and encapsulation room, the equipment and supplies needed to encapsulate the books, the staff required (and all must have valid passports) --- they require lodging and meals, and on top of that there's one simple fact:

- that there has never been any indication that they would get the thousands of books needed to make it financially lucrative at any of the Toronto shows.

Now if a bunch of you wanted to put your money on the line and pool together thousands of submissions --- enough to make it worthwhile for them to consider it, then maybe you could make it happen. Otherwise, save up some money, get your passport, rent a room and drive or fly to an existing on-site show like Chicago or Philly. If that's not worth your while financially, then you understand in part why they aren't coming up.

This is old territory revisited, no Canadian show will ever get on-site grading.

Why? The border, the space needed that the show would have to provide for a grading room and encapsulation room, the equipment and supplies needed to encapsulate the books, the staff required (and all must have valid passports) --- they require lodging and meals, and on top of that there's one simple fact:

- that there has never been any indication that they would get the thousands of books needed to make it financially lucrative at any of the Toronto shows.

Now if a bunch of you wanted to put your money on the line and pool together thousands of submissions --- enough to make it worthwhile for them to consider it, then maybe you could make it happen. Otherwise, save up some money, get your passport, rent a room and drive or fly to an existing on-site show like Chicago or Philly. If that's not worth your while financially, then you understand in part why they aren't coming up.

I know it's never gonna happen and all the points that you brought up are very valid. Sometimes I just like to vent about it!

Sorry, relatively new and obviously it is not 'old territory' for everyone.

I have no malice for CGC not attending. I simply asked CGC if they would be onesite and reported the answer received. The reasons you cite are quite valid.

I merely speculated on why they do not attend as they did not provide a reason in their response back to me. However, the response I received indicated they MIGHT attend Wizard World Toronto if it were to happen, which led me to believe part of the reason could be they have a thing with the Wizard brand cons. And even if that is true, it is not necessarily a bad thing either. I just wondered if the costs and logistics are as you state, why consider attending one show and not the other?

Whether CGC is there or not will not deter me from attending Fan Expo. Even if no onsite grading, my question had more to do with having some CGC reps on hand to get Sig Series for con sketches and reg. sigs would be nice and I imagine they could make money doing that with subs.

I think that CGC and WIzard have a long history of working together going back to the time the company started back in 2001... Wizard magazine was a strong CGC advocate and CGC is invariably an exhibitor at Wizard events to this day.

As it was explained to me, their costs vs profits at the last WWTO were better than they were the last time they exhibited at Fan Expo Canada (3 years ago). If they were to choose to do a show, WWTO seems to be it. However, there does not appear to be a WWTO any longer, or at least not in 2013, so I guess they'll not be appearing in TO unless they decide that they should have a presence at at least one Toronto event per year.