• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TORONTO COMICON Presented by Fan Expo Canada™ MARCH 9-10/2013

65 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]Don’t worry guys.

Even if CGC don’t have an official presence in the convention

you still could purchase CGC SS from this event.

Wait a couple of months

and wait for EBay updates...

Even when CGC will not come close to any Fan Expo event (Ever)

you still could hope to find SS books in the indirect market...

How this is possible...?

Well...

CGC, Fan Expo, Wizard, Witness,

have a private game

only they know the rules

and...

Involve pride, butthurt and ego...

Do you remember the Sam Kieth ss operation

that was not approved for CGC

and suddenly you see a lot of book signed.

Well, it’s something similar...[/font]

;)

Wait a couple of months

How this is possible...?

Well...

have a private game

only they know the rules

and...

;)

(shrug)

...But even if there is some 'unofficial' SS going on, it may not be the creator and/or sketch I would get for myself or even want...

I can get how on-site grading would be a big deal, but honestly, how big of a deal would it be to take subs and have OFFICIAL CGC representation for SS (signings, sketches)...

Kevin Boyd who has posted numerous times in this thread along with Gotham Central (board name and store name in Mississauga) provide SS opportunities for most if not all of the shows. They also provide SS services for local events and I believe they both take submissions for various shows in the US.

Where are you located?

This is old territory revisited, no Canadian show will ever get on-site grading.

Why? The border, the space needed that the show would have to provide for a grading room and encapsulation room, the equipment and supplies needed to encapsulate the books, the staff required (and all must have valid passports) --- they require lodging and meals, and on top of that there's one simple fact:

- that there has never been any indication that they would get the thousands of books needed to make it financially lucrative at any of the Toronto shows.

Now if a bunch of you wanted to put your money on the line and pool together thousands of submissions --- enough to make it worthwhile for them to consider it, then maybe you could make it happen. Otherwise, save up some money, get your passport, rent a room and drive or fly to an existing on-site show like Chicago or Philly. If that's not worth your while financially, then you understand in part why they aren't coming up.

In your estimation how many thousands of books? If there is a genuine desire here I can provide the lion's share of submissions.

If I knew CGC was going to be doing onsite grading I'd probably be good for several 100 submissions. I'm usually good for about 200 per show.

I'm betting there are many people who either don't know how to or don't want to mail their books across the border.

Is there any additional info available about the Star Trek: The Next Generation Full Cast Autograph Session available through Lightspeed Fine Art?

When (dates & times) and where (signing area, panel room, etc...) will this signing(s) be taking place?

Will this info all be available once the Toronto ComiCon schedule has been posted?

I can't seem to find any info on either the Toronto ComiCon or the Lightspeed Fine Art websites as to what can be expected during the convention for those who have purchased the various packages through Lightspeed Fine Art.

Thanks!

Is there any additional info available about the Star Trek: The Next Generation Full Cast Autograph Session available through Lightspeed Fine Art?

When (dates & times) and where (signing area, panel room, etc...) will this signing(s) be taking place?

Will this info all be available once the Toronto ComiCon schedule has been posted?

I can't seem to find any info on either the Toronto ComiCon or the Lightspeed Fine Art websites as to what can be expected during the convention for those who have purchased the various packages through Lightspeed Fine Art.

Thanks!

Can we blame CGC for this? It jsut seems to be the theme of the thread! :makepoint:

:bump:

Thanks!

The Toronto ComiCon 2013 full schedule along with map, table placements,

photo ops, panels, sketch duels etc etc can be found here.

2013 ComiCon Schedule

Tiz,

I don't see any info regarding the Star Trek: The Next Generation Full Cast Autograph Session available through Lightspeed Fine Art on the schedule. There is info about the TNG photo opp and the 'Evening with the Cast' but that's it; I see info for an Autograph Session: The Cast of Orphan Black & The Cast of Innerspace but no TNG cast (shrug)

Will we be expected to line up for each actor individually or will there be a private scheduled cast signing.

On the Toronto ComiCon website it says: ``* All cast members will also have individual photo op and autograph opportunities during the show hours of Toronto ComiCon``

I assume this means that the Lightspeed Fine Art Autograph session is separate for the actors scheduled signing times.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Ben,

The Cast signing is @ 3:00 pm on Sunday March 10.

A special line will be formed in the signing area. Allowing all those who have Star Trek: The Next Generation Full Cast Autograph Session tickets access to each cast member.

Wait a couple of months

How this is possible...?

Well...

have a private game

only they know the rules

and...

;)

lol