• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gem City Comic Con, March 23-24 at E.J. Nutter Center Dayton OH

30 posts in this topic

Dave Aikins is supposed to be working on a universal monsters commission...might be too time consuming for it to be at the con though. He's actually doing it first and then going to ask if I want it, guess he wanted to do one anyways for the different cons.

When he does UM in charcoal or pencils it is amazing!!!

Finishing the load up tonight, we're heading out early tomorrow AM for mid-day set up. Look for the guy in the ugly Hawaiian shirt and brown fedora!

Just a quick congratulations to the promoters for another great Dayton con. I'm sure there were issues with the new venue and layout, but nothing that as a visitor I was able to see while there on Saturday. Always heartwarming to see parents introducing their children to what hopefully will become a life long love of "sequential art." I was near the front of the hall when a father and son walked in on Saturday. The boy, met at first by a sea of attendants in costume looked quizzically at his dad and asked "but where are the comic books? I want to see the comic books." He didn't have far to go. Great books everywhere. I personally didn't spend much this year...the last nine months have included buying a new home and car, so money was a little short. Wish I could have bought more but there's always next year. Left the cell at home so sorry no pictures, but thanks to the exhibitors and Gem City crew for their hard work in continuing to grow our local show.

I really enjoyed this con. All in one day (starting at about 4AM), I was able to hit the con for 3 or 4 hours, 2 comic shops in Dayton (Bells and Game Haven), and 2 comic shops in Columbus (Packrat and Laughing Ogre).

I definetely plan to add it to my yearly rotation as a nice start to the season..

Went to dinner with Bill the promoter Friday evening, and he was running late, picking up more guests for the show so I got to chat with Howard Chaykin (he and my wife hit it off and laughed up a storm), Angel Medina, Stan Sakai, and had a Hi, How are you with Joe Staton before dinner, a nice time indeed. First time I had to chat with any of them.

Missed Greg Horn in the crowd somewhere, and had a chance to say Hello to Bill and Nadine Messner Loebs after dinner. Cat and I have met them several times, a very nice couple.

Solid guests, good show, nice crowd, great fun!

Congrats to Bill and Jesse for putting on another great show!