• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steel City Con April 5-7

18 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about going to this con. For those who have gone before, how is this for comics (modern, silver, gold)?

Thanks

It is 80% toy show, the rest is odds & ends that includes comics

Thanks. Guess I'll look for another show.

I'm thinking about going to this con. For those who have gone before, how is this for comics (modern, silver, gold)?

Thanks

I attend this usually, but this year will just be going on Friday. Because a lot of people assume there aren't comics here, I've gotten good deals from the 10 or so comic dealers, on average, that do show up. I picked up 3 or 4 mid-grade ECs the last show, that I'm sure would have gone a lot quicker at a Comics only show, and there are always some bargain bin dealers as well. Also, this might be the first show of the year for some dealers that have some cabin fever, so you might be able to pick up some of their winter stock that hasn't been shown yet.

If you have nothing better to do, I'd still recommend this at least to come once to see what it's about.

Thanks

I attend this usually, but this year will just be going on Friday. Because a lot of people assume there aren't comics here, I've gotten good deals from the 10 or so comic dealers, on average, that do show up. I picked up 3 or 4 mid-grade ECs the last show, that I'm sure would have gone a lot quicker at a Comics only show, and there are always some bargain bin dealers as well. Also, this might be the first show of the year for some dealers that have some cabin fever, so you might be able to pick up some of their winter stock that hasn't been shown yet.

If you have nothing better to do, I'd still recommend this at least to come once to see what it's about.

meh ....no, this show stinks. Stay away

Thanks

Thanks, I've decided to go for the reasons you mention. I'm looking forward to going to any bigger show right now (I'll go to a few others later in the year), and the timing for me is right. I'll go just for Friday, but I went ahead and bought the 3 day pass to get in early (the price is cheap). Also, the con just emailed this info out, so I'm sure they'll be enough comic dealers for me to have a relaxing day going through comic boxes. I also collect toys to a lesser extent, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they have.

"The Steel City Con is proud to announce the biggest selection of Dealers in the Show's History! If you are interested in buying Comic Books or Toys this is the place to be! Dealers are coming to Pittsburgh for the Steel City Con from around the Country! Not only will they have massive selection but they will have GREAT PRICES!"

I'll probably be there, as usual.

I've done about three con reports with tons of pictures about past cons.

I guess the running joke on another thread is that I will be wearing the same sneakers

Thinking about going to this con for the first time, is it worth it for slab SA and / or GA books? Any insight is appreciated! (thumbs u

This year will be my first time there, but from BlowUpTheMoon's trip reports it seems they have some GA.

Thinking about going to this con for the first time, is it worth it for slab SA and / or GA books? Any insight is appreciated! (thumbs u

This year will be my first time there, but from BlowUpTheMoon's trip reports it seems they have some GA.

George Geis will have a couple of tables of books and a wall display. He'll bring GA.

Leaving tomorrow at 5am, for the noon opening. Getting excited for this con. I'm only going for the day, but that should be enough of a hit until the bigger cons in the spring/summer (WW Philly and Chicago).

Drinking a manhattan in a bar (full of what looks to be a pre-wedding party) after a fun day at the con. Tomorrow I'll head home with a car full of cool stuff. I'll post some pictures once I have a decent internet connection (I like Monroeville too, I've been coming here for about a decade for cons)