• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

returned book, seller says 2 inch rip, but book between cardboard!

106 posts in this topic

I suspect this thread is not heading where the OP hoped it would go...

Dear Old Friends in Comics General - who is this 'rtheda' and 'exaclib12' of whom you speak.

A Nere-do-well by the sound of it

Links to their previous indiscretions perchance?

They are already in the thread, cretin.

dom_as_caesar_zpsb0073e4a.jpg

"That's Spartans from Crete!"

Dear Old Friends in Comics General - who is this 'rtheda' and 'exaclib12' of whom you speak.

:gossip: You do know that the prior posts with underlined purple writing is usually a hyperlink right?

They look like this

Even in Australia?

No, they will take you to comicwiz' website and feedback threads.

Ah..., the Canuck Back-Bacon Effect...,

I'm not sure if being called a cretin by a dwarf makes it better or worse.

I didn't see it.

It's night time here.

I read the first couple of pages - seems there is some history here.

Thanks for the link.

This book actually was pretty nice, and would have been VF and acceptable to me, but it had large chunk out of the cover at the top right you couldnt see in the scan.

This book actually was pretty nice, and would have been VF and acceptable to me, but it had a long 4 inch crease on the right edge you couldnt see in the scan.

Big difference between the two. Which is it? I hit back space and I see the first statement. But when I hit "quote" I see the 2nd EDITED statement.

I don't really remember seeing the defect in the video either. Certainly not a large missing chunk.

OP? :hi:

:popcorn:

Dear Op,

Stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on comics that have terrible pictures and inane descriptions from less than reputable sellers. You'll continue to run back to paypal and ebay yelling "save me!"

Package your books more securely. Two pieces of flimsy cardboard and a loose record bubble mailer is not gonna cut it.

Best of luck on returning the book.

I didn't see it.

It's night time here.

I'm 5'8" cowboy. Come stateside and shake a felcher's hand.

Dear Op,

Stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on comics that have terrible pictures and inane descriptions from less than reputable sellers. You'll continue to run back to paypal and ebay yelling "save me!"

Package your books more securely. Two pieces of flimsy cardboard and a loose record bubble mailer is not gonna cut it.

Best of luck on returning the book.

Plus infinity. :facepalm: good lord...

I didn't see it.

It's night time here.

I'm 5'8" cowboy. Come stateside and shake a felcher's hand.

I'd genuinely love to.

Make sure you clean your teeth first though.

(If anyone doesn't understand the gay-fetish talk - google it.)

I must admit a trip to a big Convention in such knowledgeable company is something I have been considering for quite a while.

I never buy when I see "1st Class Shipping". I know I would be getting just what's in the video, so the shipper could keep it under the weight limit.

1st Class Shipping gets an immediate back click from me.

You can ship one or two books first class in a box with just as much security as a priority. I do it all the time. You just have to keep the package under 13 oz.

Indeed. I've received many shipments sent 1st class and it seems like they all come through without a scratch. I've seen priority boxes get pretty smashed up. Never seems to happen with 1st class.

I never buy when I see "1st Class Shipping". I know I would be getting just what's in the video, so the shipper could keep it under the weight limit.

You can ship one or two books first class in a box with just as much security as a priority. I do it all the time. You just have to keep the package under 13 oz.

Indeed. I've received many shipments sent 1st class and it seems like they all come through without a scratch. I've seen priority boxes get pretty smashed up. Never seems to happen with 1st class.

I've gotten about 200 of those little boxes from jscomics, sent media mail, and never a scratch on them either. I think they got busted by the USPS though, as now everything is sent priority. But still no damage to those boxes. I think sometimes that the smaller boxes might be the key.

Exactly. (worship)

:gossip: You do know that the prior posts with underlined purple writing is usually a hyperlink right?

They look like this

Even in Australia?

No, they will take you to comicwiz' website and feedback threads.

(shrug)

Literature boxes from Uline. I use them all the time, with 2 pieces of cardboard or Gator board. + bubble wrap...No problems, and the buyer saves money.