• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SS Opportunity (Sketch/Sig Events) Standards?

232 posts in this topic

Dude, you cant just use the power of ponies like that. Pinkie and twilight could just....

You dont even want to know

But I do want to know. I do.

Dude, you cant just use the power of ponies like that. Pinkie and twilight could just....

You know how sometimes it's really difficult to pinpoint the exact moment when a thread got weird?

This isn't one of those times.

That hurts bud.

But I do want to know. I do.

You must always remember the 1st rule of Pony Fight Club. If you forget the 1st rule, just remember the 2nd. (thumbs u

I feel like since I started this whole thing, then I should have the last word. But I'm not a facilitator so I'll just enjoy everyone's posts and see what everyone can agree on. It seems like all this topic achieved is constant mud slinging and a lot of when doo doo hits the fan comments.

You know how sometimes it's really difficult to pinpoint the exact moment when a thread got weird?

Let's do this

IfmNU.jpg

Let's do this

IfmNU.jpg

Reminds me of Batman 17

Hope you enjoy you're Ken Lashley sketch that you patiently waited for, just like everyone else, after all of the BS that I had to deal with him.

This comes across as a plea for sympathy because you had complications getting an artist to deliver on sketch covers for an opp. Was this the opp that the book in question is from? Even if it is that doesn't make a difference being that you've stated you had the book and just hadn't sent it out. I know in the past you've been quite vocal about bashing DWC about the quality of their service, particularly when it comes to answering PMs and emails. Hopefully this experience has put things in perspective for you so that perhaps now you can see that on occasion a situation can spiral out of control and doesn't get immediate attention. Everyone needs to realize that a little patience goes a long way for both facilitators and customers.

I'm not trying to break your balls here so don't take it that way. You've used pretty poor judgement in the way you've responded to some of the posts here. I get that it can be frustrating reading some of the things being said. How do you think you come across to the people here that don't know you? Specifically the ones that might have been considering participating in one of your sketch opps. It's not good I'm sure. I know I wouldn't want to do business with and entrust my books to someone who flies off the handle like you have a few times now. If someone's post is that aggravating then step away for a few minutes and calm down before replying to it. 2c

Hope you enjoy you're Ken Lashley sketch that you patiently waited for, just like everyone else, after all of the BS that I had to deal with him.

This comes across as a plea for sympathy because you had complications getting an artist to deliver on sketch covers for an opp. Was this the opp that the book in question is from? Even if it is that doesn't make a difference being that you've stated you had the book and just hadn't sent it out. I know in the past you've been quite vocal about bashing DWC about the quality of their service, particularly when it comes to answering PMs and emails. Hopefully this experience has put things in perspective for you so that perhaps now you can see that on occasion a situation can spiral out of control and doesn't get immediate attention. Everyone needs to realize that a little patience goes a long way for both facilitators and customers.

I'm not trying to break your balls here so don't take it that way. You've used pretty poor judgement in the way you've responded to some of the posts here. I get that it can be frustrating reading some of the things being said. How do you think you come across to the people here that don't know you? Specifically the ones that might have been considering participating in one of your sketch opps. It's not good I'm sure. I know I wouldn't want to do business with and entrust my books to someone who flies off the handle like you have a few times now. If someone's post is that aggravating then step away for a few minutes and calm down before replying to it. 2c

The power of Batman riding a mechanical unicorn is more likely to occasion real behavioral change than calm, well-reasoned logical discourse. I salute you for trying.

Hopefully this experience has put things in perspective for you so that perhaps now you can see that on occasion a situation can spiral out of control and doesn't get immediate attention. Everyone needs to realize that a little patience goes a long way for both facilitators and customers.

Lord. I hope the takeaway isn't this. People have a right to expect good communication and timely delivery. There are so many people just in this thread who keep raising the flag of, "Don't discuss problems in public." "Criticism will ruin our SS program." Etc., etc. This is just something I fundamentally disagree with and something I know CGC doesn't agree with, because I've exchanged PMs with Paul about this very issue.

90% of your problems should be worked out behind the scenes. But when that 10% gets to the point that the other party isn't responding to queries or is lying or similarly serious transgressions, it's time to bring it to the group. Those people doing so don't need get bashed for doing so. Case in point: the buyer in GoT's opp who couldn't get responses but got a swift resolution once it went public. Caveat: This thread really ISN'T ABOUT GoT.