• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD NYC, JUNE 28-30, Basketball City, Pier 36

86 posts in this topic

i think that whoever pays for a booth will be allowed to sell their wares. I can't imagine wizard world exclude comic book dealers who pay.

The one a few years back was a real hellhole. Artist Alley was in the loading dock, uncarpeted and with lighting. I believe the location is the same but I hope it is routed and planned better.

Granted, I am not complaining but telling it like it is. I would wade through 3 inches of murky, possibly septic, water to reach my favorite artists. And then I would push you over on the way back.

It's true that it wasn't the best looking location, but their guest list was pretty impressive that year. They had Jim Lee, the Kuberts, Adam Hughes, Jim Cheung, Carlos Pacheco, etc. It was probably one of the best artist alleys I've seen at a Wizard con. Unfortunately, then they decided to go head to head with NYCC and Wizard NY ended up dying. I'm glad it's back. The guest list is looking pretty good with Cheung, Deodato, Ramos, and Pacheco so far. I assume that they'll have normal tickets soon. The one day VIP's for each day only is kind of weird.

I looked into exhibiting and they want 2x as much as they did the first time at the pier and their booth rate is more than the NYCC. I can't believe any retailer is setting up at the stated prices.

I looked into exhibiting and they want 2x as much as they did the first time at the pier and their booth rate is more than the NYCC. I can't believe any retailer is setting up at the stated prices.

maybe thats why theyre doing those high price one day VIP tickets to make up for the lost they may take on dealers not getting booths. This could also be an attempt at a high end show

$60 for a Saturday ticket including fees. Isn't that more than NYCC? :screwy:

I'm officially priced out of this show. Just can't justify paying that much for a single day.