• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD NYC, JUNE 28-30, Basketball City, Pier 36

86 posts in this topic

Less than 24 Hours to go :banana:

We will be there with in our backyard with a load of supplies for Comic Books, Top Loader holder for your autograph photograph, Prints & posters.

We will be located at Booth #210 (Next to Walking Dead Cover Artist Con Exclusive NEAL ADAMS)

Wow, I'm so not going!

I'll so not see you there! (thumbs u

I'm so not looking forward to it!

You are so going to miss those $4.40 sodas.

Actually, that's what they cost here in Brooklyn Heights, so I'm good thanks! lol

Just moved out of the heights last year so I know what you mean!

Wish I could go but I spent so much buying books lately I wouldn't really have a reason to. It'd be interesting to hear how it goes though.

The weather looks to be improving for the weekend. At least that's what the weather guy said. Have fun! :hi:

Dunno, but the downtown area has tons of street parking, especially on Sunday.

There's probably a lot of lots willing to take your money.

But if you're a bit resourceful and drive around a little, I bet you can find a free parking space on the street pretty easily.

Just make sure you read the signs (tsk)

Oh and Sunday parkings free all over NYC.

If you are going on Saturday, when you check in you'll get a WD variant with your map. Make sure its perfect, because there were at least four dealers inside that are paying $10 for a copy, but only if its perfect. Nice way to subsidize the crazy priced entrance fee.

If you are going on Saturday, when you check in you'll get a WD variant with your map. Make sure its perfect, because there were at least four dealers inside that are paying $10 for a copy, but only if its perfect. Nice way to subsidize the crazy priced entrance fee.

I had folks walking up and offering me $50+ for my variant, also dealers were trying to snag it from me. I saw one booth that was offering $100.

I had folks walking up and offering me $50+ for my variant, also dealers were trying to snag it from me. I saw one booth that was offering $100.

I don't know why people offered $100. A Friday VIP ticket was $60 and it gave both the regular and variant. I guess those dealers didn't think to do that.

I don't know why people offered $100. A Friday VIP ticket was $60 and it gave both the regular and variant. I guess those dealers didn't think to do that.

I was quite surprised myself, but I kept the books.

Here are some pics from Friday Night. I got to the show about an hour late ( :censored: traffic!), but there wasn't much ground to cover.

First stop was Greg Reece's booth, as I needed something for Neal Adams to sign, and I knew I could find something nice there. Grabbed a sweet B&B #85 OO copy from Greg, took it to Neal and had CGC witness it. Went over to Desert Wind's booth and signed up for Stan the Man to sign my FF#10 (got it from TRMoore off the boards) and my ASM 122. One of Desert Wind's staff told me they were meeting with John Romita Sr. next week and they could get my 122 signed by him also, excellent!

Spent some time walking around, met Henry Winkler, Dennis O'Hare (True Blood....for the wife :foryou: ) and the Green Power Ranger (he's convinced he is the original Green Ranger, apparently he's never seen Super Sentai :screwy: ). Daryl and Merle from the Walking Dead TV show had tons of fans, as did the wreslter CM Punk from WWE (he had the longest line and most fans all night, I have no clue why). Ray Park didn't have many people in line and I regret taking the chance to meet him, Darth Maul is awesome!

It was really hot and humid in the warehouse, but I still had a pretty good time. Lots of cool cosplay, including an uncanny Macho Man Randy Savage lookalike (he had the voice perfect). Also an awesome Solomon Grundy (see below :grin:). Met Bob Camp, Mike Zeck, Rich Buckler and Carlos Pacheco. I had them all sign books that I like, no CGCSS for these ones (spent some time looking for a Ren and Stimpy book for Camp to sign, seems like none of the dealers had these ready for the show, with an exception of 1 or 2). I looked around for Pacheco for about a half hour (the poor guy didn't have any banner or signs, unlike all the other artists on the floor). Didn't get a chance to hit the Hot Flips booth :(

At 8PM all the VIPs were sent upstairs for the Stan Lee meet and greet. Turns out Stan's plane was delayed then he got stuck in traffic. I was in line next to HeroClix World Champ Ben Cheung, he was getting a pretty cool Spidey HeroClix signed (one of the bigger ones, I have no clue about those things or I would elaborate). The Who Wants to Be ad Superhero Season 2 winner "The Defuser" stood up front and gave us the run down on asking Stan questions and told us some stories about his involvement with the Man. Stan finally showed up around 8:45 and everyone got to ask questions, get photos with Stan and autographs. Cross one more thing off my bucketlist.

Next show I'll be at is Boston Comic Con in August (ahhhh, only 1.5 hours driving versus 3.5 hours). Anyone else going to Boston?

All in all it was a good time, but ultimately I will be at NYCC and not WWNYC next year. Nuff said.

zgd9.jpg

pbgz.jpg

rr7q.jpg

v4ko.jpg

0znw.jpg

lw61.jpg

r28d.jpg

uzpj.jpg

That's cool, but I bet it's a result of the crazy ticket prices. I'd have gone at half the price, but paying more than NYCC for that? Had to give it a pass.

I hope the dealers managed to squeeze a good show out of it. :wishluck:

That's cool, but I bet it's a result of the crazy ticket prices. I'd have gone at half the price, but paying more than NYCC for that? Had to give it a pass.

I hope the dealers managed to squeeze a good show out of it. :wishluck:

Tough show for dealers, tickets cost an arm & a leg, plus all the celebs charged for photos & autographs.

Dude, those pics are while the show was going on, or before the doors opened? Where are the humans?

Those pics had to be from later in the day after the crowd thinned out. The place was much busier earlier to the point it was difficult to deal with the interior temp and BO.

Also I know one particular photo was taken around 8 PM since I'm in it and I know where I was (lounging in the chair in front of the CGC table)