• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK buyer to block

11 posts in this topic

amamia

Bought this item from me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190788436854&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

And sent this message:

Hey im intersted in this item but just wondering if postage is as much as its being shown on ebay as i recently brought a magazine from the USA to be delivered to the UK for around $5 or $6. Thanks

It's not possible now, and was not possible then (Jan 22) to send anything bigger than a comic book for "$5 or $6"...so right off the bat, I suspected this buyer was trouble.

So, I responded:

Hi. There's absolutely no way to ship to the UK for $5 or $6, unless I just put this in an envelope with bo protection at all. Flat rate Priority, much safer, is $20. Sorry, but that's what I'm charged. I'm not making any money on the shipping.

At the time, I think FR was $15.95, plus $2 for the "eBay insurance", plus $2 for the packing, etc.

More trouble:

Thats fine i understand that but it came up at $55 at one point, if you invoice me for the amount to expect it to cost then i will pay and if its more or less when you actual ship the item then either you can refund me or i can add the money for you.Thanks

I don't know what eBay postage is on the "eBay shipping calculator", as it varies for country, but I have the auto setting to 5 pounds weight, so that I make sure the materials cost and insurance is included...otherwise, eBay only tacks on the actual postage. There's no way to set insurance automatically on eBay.

My response:

Sorry about the amount of the shipping, it's an eBay thing. I know the shipping international is a real pain. I DO have a regular Buffy 1/2 Gold, too, if you're interested...also, I can send maybe 3-5 more books, depending on what you get, for the same cost.

In any event, because I feel a tad guilty about what Int'l is charged, I offered to sell her some more books to offset shipping, something I offer to all my Int'l customers if they question the shipping.

Her response:

Hey. I don't know if you got my other reply as some of my other messages are not sending but do you have any of the other limited or special editions or maybe signed stuff and other buffy merchandise that your selling ? Thanks

Since she can see all my eBay listings, she already knows I don't have any other Buffy stuff LISTED...

Before I leave town for two weeks, she sends this:

I will wait until you get back, eBay may open an unpaid case against me automatically though but I will get in touch with them if they do to explain and it won't close within two weeks so we will be okay, message me when your back and we can sort everything out. Thanks :)

Spidey sense is tingling.

Anyways, I can't get to the books while I'm out of town, so I get back to her when I do, last week. No response. Send another e-mail. No response. Then, send an eBay message "I can't see the pics." I send again, differently.

Keep in mind, these are just pics of modern variants, that she can easily find pictures of online with no effort. They are NM/M copies, so no worries about seeing SPECIFIC copies.

Finally, today "Um, I can't get the pics to work, so I'd like to cancel the transaction."

I file a NPB...explain to her what the problem is...and get every excuse in the book, including "well...I called eBay, and they told me that offering things for sale outside of eBay (which, remember, I did not do...these items weren't listed in the first place...and they were offered for sale at all because I wanted to help her offset shipping...and which she asked for) is linked to fraud, so I don't feel comfortable buying from you."

Bottom line: she didn't pay attention to the shipping BEFORE buying, she sent a note re: shipping 30 seconds AFTER buying, didn't wait for a response, and has now backed out of the transaction, making up all sorts of excuses to justify herself.

Bad news, mates. You try to help someone out...

Before I leave town for two weeks,

Where ya going? :popcorn:

To play with Park's dog.

:cloud9:

:facepalm:

Nope that won't be considered a euphemism for something else. Not at all. Not in CG.

Anyone who queries shipping prices or tries to delay paying on ebay, do not do anything extra, they have committed to buy, they should pay. If not well their problem.

ah well you live and learn =)

It was a gradual transition at first - then *boom*

Us noobies can now read his words of wisdom........

:cloud9: