• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

322 posts in this topic

e.s. seems pretty ticked off about it so I feel bad taking the 2 I have left.

Stand by for now. I will not be doing something that upsets comic industry creators. I think there is a misunderstanding at this point that just needs a conversation to clear up.

Stand by for now. I will not be doing something that upsets comic industry creators. I think there is a misunderstanding at this point that just needs a conversation to clear up.

Is this in reference to JJ's quote from ES in the thread?

Is this in reference to JJ's quote from ES in the thread?

no, he posted in the Nowhere Men thread earlier.

+1. In fact I'll just do whatever krighton does in regards to these, if only 1 then 1 is fine.

This whole thing is a mess quite honestly lol.

well I don't want to be the Lone Ranger here :lol: I'll stick with keeping 2 of the 5 since the offer was out there, if it changes i'll change with it, no hard feelings.

I just don't want to see menace thrown completely under the bus if things head down the crapper.

Have any people who were part of the 200 scaled back any orders? Counting from the 200 via posts, I think I would've been 219-221 but would be over the moon with just the 1 copy if any people on the wait list could be accommodated before me. Would love to have a SS and a blue CGC matching pair but I think it's going to have to be via eBay in the end.

Happy to donate more to the CBLDF and be invoiced by Menace for this if anyone would be willing? :) I'd rather donate more to a good cause than someone on eBay profiteering totally on a charity book, and the opportunity to resell doesn't come into the equation when you import to the UK and pay the high shipping fees.

Sorry about all this guys, this is not what I intended. I think its fruitless to argue with one another about it. I take responsibility for setting this up it came form a good place but I will have to accept the consequences for it.

Given the opportunity to do what I would have liked, I would have canceled this due to the trouble it caused for the CBLDF and for ES. I would have completed it if there was no objections just because of a commitment to get the books for everyone.

However this is not going to be the case. It has been requested that the deal be terminated and I have think it is best to abide by the decision.

I have to officially cancel this thread.

Menace,

Completely understand your decision, and just wanted to say thanks for the attempt! Most of us won't be able to attend, and your attempt to look out for your fellow collectors, even though it didn't quite turn out the way it was intended, was admirable.

(thumbs u

Sorry about all this guys, this is not what I intended. I think its fruitless to argue with one another about it. I take responsibility for setting this up it came form a good place but I will have to accept the consequences for it.

Given the opportunity to do what I would have liked, I would have canceled this due to the trouble it caused for the CBLDF and for ES. I would have completed it if there was no objections just because of a commitment to get the books for everyone.

However this is not going to be the case. It has been requested that the deal be terminated and I have think it is best to abide by the decision.

I have to officially cancel this thread.

I respect that decision.

Thanks Menace. I don't look down on you for this and hope no one else will. Keep he faith my brother.

R