• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brave and the Bold #29

7 posts in this topic

A shot of the spine would be magnificent. I see a split next to Aquaman, and a sliver missing next to the logo. How much of it is split? Was the cover detached, and if so, was it solid, or were you afraid of it falling apart?

When you're grading, don't jump up from Fair to Good. Decide the major grade first. If you only had Fair or Good to pick from, which would it be? If you feel it's a Fair, then you can decide what kind of Fair it is: Fair (1.0), or a Fair that exhibits properties of a Good (1.5).

If the spine is rough, and the book's not brittle, I'm at 1.5.

As far as base grade goes, I'm not sure on what to make of the book, and that's why the book is posted. You do make a good point, though. I'm thinking it's a FR base grade.

I'm not comfortable giving it a GD base grade other than to justify that by saying amateur tape repairs are allowed. I'm not sure who performed the tape repairs.

The interior pages are supple - so that's good.

By looking at the interior front cover and holding it up to the light, it appears that the front cover is detached with split all the way up the cover. Back cover attached to staple at back of book.

As you noted, there is a sliver missing at the logo.