• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World, Portland Comic Con Jan. 24-26, 2014

80 posts in this topic

I went to both. Its in the same space, but a bit bigger (more booth's) I also thought the

prices were noticably better at wizardworld.

The prices were a lot higher at Wizard World compaired to Rose City. I'm talking entry fee and celebrity related things.

Entry fee was more, and the celebrity tickets probly were higher. What I noticed was dealers had their books priced much more competatively at wizardworld, maybe because its bigger and theres more "out of town" competition there? Not sure what it was, but it was noticable.

For the Pacific Northwest, I would say Seattle's Emerald City comic-con in April, 2014 has more artists, inkers, comic vendors, independent press, crowd control than the growing Portland, OR Wizard con. Seattle has Half Price Bookstore chain :blush: while Portland has Powell's Books and their bigger inventory of books, graphic novels, paperbacks, etc.

Cgc has a booth there, and the employees acted as the witnesses last year. I got my x men 142 signed by chris claremont this way. While i'm not an official facilitator, I would be happy to take any books that fellow boardies want signed there and have the cgc employee witness the signature and submit them for grading. Im exited to get a few neil adams signatures myself.