• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, April 26-28, 2013

186 posts in this topic

It is downtown Calgary.

17th Ave is close to the BMO Centre. Stephen avenue is 8th Ave.

So, I knew Online Sales had sold out, and comic stores sold out this week.

What I didn't realize is this show is not selling tickets at the door, are were pre-sold. This might make for some very angry people showing up.

Certainly makes it easier for the con organizers. They know how much $$ is coming in ahead of the show and they don't have to staff for ticket sales the day of the show.

Hopefully there won't be many disappointed people showing up during the con.

Looking at my Facebook feed and talking to people this weekend, there are going to have a lot of angry people at the door.

They never made it clear tickets would not be sold at the door through any of their advertising. I am somewhat wondering if they are going to have to change that policy for the door last minute.

From my understanding, they are expecting 75 000 people this year, and pre-sold all the tickets.

Certainly makes it easier for the con organizers. They know how much $$ is coming in ahead of the show and they don't have to staff for ticket sales the day of the show.

Hopefully there won't be many disappointed people showing up during the con.

Looking at my Facebook feed and talking to people this weekend, there are going to have a lot of angry people at the door.

They never made it clear tickets would not be sold at the door through any of their advertising. I am somewhat wondering if they are going to have to change that policy for the door last minute.

From my understanding, they are expecting 75 000 people this year, and pre-sold all the tickets.

2011 I believe they got 35000, and 2012 they got 55000 ( and the fire marshall disaster that ensued ) so expecting an additional 20000 is probably correct. And all i can say is wow! Will be a busy and happening show.

They story is now that the stampede staff. The people who own the convention center are forcing to con to have tickets available at the door to prevent the obvious problems .

So there may be 1000 tickets available the door, which will last the first fee hours on Friday?

They story is now that the stampede staff. The people who own the convention center are forcing to con to have tickets available at the door to prevent the obvious problems .

So there may be 1000 tickets available the door, which will last the first fee hours on Friday?

It'll be a gong show as people show up very early and line up for what few tickets are available.

Hello to my Canadian friends....I need two copies of the Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake 4 Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo exclusive cover. Please let me know if you can hook me up. Thanks much. (thumbs u

Hello to my Canadian friends....I need two copies of the Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake 4 Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo exclusive cover. Please let me know if you can hook me up. Thanks much. (thumbs u

If I can, I will. (thumbs u

If I can, I will. (thumbs u

:makepoint:

Thanks for the update re Erik Larsen. I will bring my early Savage Dragon prototypes for signature. Think Camilla d'Errico was previously announced. She sells lots of anime prints, clothes, postcards to female fans. :luhv:

From the web page....

Welcome to the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo

****IMPORTANT: THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE SALES FOR THIS EVENT. ALL TICKETS, INCLUDING CHILDREN'S PASSES, ARE BEING SOLD IN ADVANCE ONLY.

If you arrive onto Stampede park without a valid ticket, you will be turned away.****

From the web page....

Welcome to the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo

****IMPORTANT: THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE SALES FOR THIS EVENT. ALL TICKETS, INCLUDING CHILDREN'S PASSES, ARE BEING SOLD IN ADVANCE ONLY.

If you arrive onto Stampede park without a valid ticket, you will be turned away.****

Which is why the weekend passes for a couple hundred bucks.

It's going to be a mess at the door.

There was no advertising warning this, and a lot of people aren't aware.

If you are willing to pay ECC Nowhere Men #1 variant prices the weekend of the event I will definitely see what I can do. lol