• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, April 26-28, 2013

186 posts in this topic

He's flying in from Chicago on the Thursday.

I'll be there right at set up so suck it.

He won't be in until Thursday night? I might have to leave the new OO collection stuff I picked up and do not need until he is there on Friday then........

I have no clue when he'll be in exactly.

He told me that he would be in Chicago for Tuesday and Wednesday and will fly to Calgary on the Thursday.

You should bring it for me, dork.

You aren't bringing enough cash to play at the table on this one.

He's flying in from Chicago on the Thursday.

I'll be there right at set up so suck it.

He won't be in until Thursday night? I might have to leave the new OO collection stuff I picked up and do not need until he is there on Friday then........

I have no clue when he'll be in exactly.

He told me that he would be in Chicago for Tuesday and Wednesday and will fly to Calgary on the Thursday.

You should bring it for me, dork.

You aren't bringing enough cash to play at the table on this one.

:cry:

Interesting. Looks like they are expecting 60,000+ this year. I believe in one of the exhibitor e-mails they said 75,000 will be in attendance. Should be a heck of a show.

Will I be able to return if I leave to get some fresh air?

How big is the convention hall anyways?

xoxo

greggy

Will I be able to return if I leave to get some fresh air?

How big is the convention hall anyways?

xoxo

greggy

It depends on when you leave and if they have things sorted out with the fire marshalls this year. Last year they oversold tickets from the sounds of things and people were locked out on the saturday for chunk of the afternoon.

Burger place is 2 minute walk across the street

:)

It is looking like I will not be using my Saturday pass so if anyone needs it give me a pm

See you all there after work Friday

I am bringing some Conans to sell (should be fun )!

Drive safe Dave !

:)

think someone recommended Celila's (sp?) on 4th Ave SW downtown across from International hotel suites for good steaks. Please no Burger King or Wendy's for Cgc forum Sat. dinner.

Wish to thank Mr Greenham for showing me his 2 boxes of choice Cgc books while visiting my booth #1215 which strangely has both his name and greggy's in bigger type than my own for signage. wtf? jk. :pullhair:

My wife and I enjoyed our time at the con last night, we only spent a few hours there... I'm not into comics as much I used to be - haven't bought or sold anything for 2 years.

Even so, next year we're probably going to get the weekend pass... some of the celebrities we wanted to see weren't there yesterday.

Good luck to all selling.

I really must thank DWC for being at the Calgary Convention and providing an excellent, professional level of service. I work in IT, and customer facing service is a HUGE part of the job. Both ladies at the table beside Stan Lee's booth were easy to chat with, looked at all my books with interest, suggested a book to send in (Avengers), and explained everything to my satisfaction (and I'm notoriously OCD about details).

The books I submitted were:

Signature series:

-Soulfire: Grace: The Search for the Light #1 Century Edition, numbered 9 of 100, signed by J.T. Krul and Peter Steignerwald

-Michael Turner's Soulfire Volume 4 #1 Century Edition, 18 of 100, signed by J.T. Krul and Peter Steignerwald

Both were witnessed by the shorter lady at the DWC table, who was very pleasant despire me not being able to remember her name (it was a whirlwind weekend!)

Regular blue label:

-Avengers Annual #10 (1981)

-The Uncanny X-Men #135 (1980)

Looking forward to getting the grades back on them :D