• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice that the covers line up to form a massive collage? Yet another reason why I love this series.

I just pulled my copies out to look at that. Pretty cool. :applause:

I just got around to reading #1. Loved it!! This is right up my alley. I love horror stories that deal with the deep sea. It is such an undiscovered area of the planet that could/does harbor some of the most unusual creatures known to exist;and unknown to exist for now.

I just got around to reading #1. Loved it!! This is right up my alley. I love horror stories that deal with the deep sea. It is such an undiscovered area of the planet that could/does harbor some of the most unusual creatures known to exist;and unknown to exist for now.

DAMN! I'm looking through all this Lego stuff. I definitely still have all the pirate stuff from 1995-6 at my parent's house from when I was younger. I have a lot of the aquazone and some space stuff from the same years. I never knew this stuff was that valuable.

DAMN! I'm looking through all this Lego stuff. I definitely still have all the pirate stuff from 1995-6 at my parent's house from when I was younger. I have a lot of the aquazone and some space stuff from the same years. I never knew this stuff was that valuable.

That Brickpicker site is awesome. Sign up and enter your sets into your own brickfolio section. It will give you monthly reports on your collections +/- values. There are tons of great articles, and a forum to boot. Lego's can be great investments if you buy the right ones. Problem is, they are just so expensive to collect.

What's up with this animal planet documentary about mermaids?

It's right out of the wake.

You might be a little backwards on that. The original mermaid documentary from Animal Planet was put out a few years ago followed by another one this year. Wake is two months old.

This is quickly becoming my favorite series of the year, if not the last few years. The writing and art is just so damn good. And concerning the last page of this issue...

I knew the rest of the species was bound to make an appearance, but the build up and reveal was way better then I imagined.

Anyone else feel like this series is ancient mermaids mixed with the deep blue sea?

The "we need to get to the sub by swimming outside" and the "they're calling for more" is straight out of samuel l jacksons mouth.