• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homestuck Hunters: Giving Fandom A Bad Name

62 posts in this topic

OH MY GOD... i had no idea this was goin on.

these folks need a few trips to the woodshed to learn some respect.

A year or so back, we had a soldier who had died in Iraq, that was being buried around here, and that "church" in Kansas(i think), theatend to come down and protest the burial. Needless to say alot of rednecks(like me), bikers, farmers, business men and women, and real Church goin folks, all of us are just good ole folks, showed up on the road in between the Church where the services were held, and the graveyard, needless to say, the so called "church" people were never heard from again in this area.

that is what needs to happen out west there, us collectors who get pissed off due to some "dim witted" people makin threats, we need to stand up to folks we know are in the wrong on this, friendship be dammed. some things are alot more important than just havin a friendship ruined.

Stand up people, do what's right, not necisarily whats easiest.

Westboro Baptist Church, from Kansas. I participated in shielding a family from these "people" once. It's one of the best things I have ever been a part of during my career in emergency services.

I'm still proud of my fellow nerd-folk for this.

Now to be serious. People who pay to go to conventions with the sole intent of ruining another persons good time are deplorable. Bullying is a serious thing, even in our hobby. While I might not be a huge Homestuck fan, they have just as much right as I do to celebrate what they love in a safe environment.

Right on! I don't "get" cosplay and even get annoyed occasionally, but I'm sure I have some kind of annoying con habits as well. I just don't want to see conventions' image damaged by fools like the ones singling out the cosplayers.

By all means, put on the costumes! Come on in and have some fun! I may not understand what you're wearing but I will defend to the death your right to wear it!

Could someone explain what 'Homestuck' actually means - not a phrase that seems to have got to Oz yet - thanks.

So implying this group is after cosplay players because they are 'stay at home losers' - or something similar?

Sorry,wasn't sure if Homestuck was a brand of costume, or a TV show or something, so its just a reference to 'moms basement' type stuff.

New phrase on me - thanks for helping. (thumbs u

So implying this group is after cosplay players because they are 'stay at home losers' - or something similar?

Sorry,wasn't sure if Homestuck was a brand of costume, or a TV show or something, so its just a reference to 'moms basement' type stuff.

No, it's not a reference to a mom's basement type stuff.

It's this generations Ulysses.

Nope - I got nothing (shrug)

Could someone explain what 'Homestuck' actually means - not a phrase that seems to have got to Oz yet - thanks.

It a webcomic chock full of little "in jokes." The basic premise of the comic has been described as inspired by games like The Sims and EarthBound (even borrowing its name from "Earthbound"). The adventure is characterized by time travel, mystery, a complex fictional universe and frequent references to pop culture and previous adventures.

I got this from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt.

Westboro Baptist Church, from Kansas. I participated in shielding a family from these "people" once. It's one of the best things I have ever been a part of during my career in emergency services.

I'm still proud of my fellow nerd-folk for this.

(worship) This is fantastic-and the perfect counter to the hateful and intentionally hurtful message put out by westboro Baptist.

Thanks for sharing Brother!

img0989-1279832630_zps898cf494.jpg

:banana: Chris

If this group does exist beyond anonymous internet threats, the best thing that could happen is one of the Homestuck cosplayers has a tough Marine dad attending the con with him to tear these nerds a new :censored: hole when they step out of line.

If this group does exist beyond anonymous internet threats, the best thing that could happen is one of the Homestuck cosplayers has a tough Marine dad attending the con with him to tear these nerds a new :censored: hole when they step out of line.

(thumbs u

:banana: Chris

My head hurts after watching that...

I see a lot of things at cons that I don't understand or like, but I enjoy seeing people having fun in their own way as long as they are being respectful. I have no problems stepping in if they try this stuff around me.

Thanks for that, I'd never heard of it before this thread either.