• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

I think some of the criticism here reeks of jealousy. 600 100% feedback rating. 5 star seller ratings. Most of his/her buyers are eBay veterans.

At least there is disclosure of restoration and trimming. I have bought more than a few books off of eBay where the reality is way different than the listing description.

Cheers, Howard

All of the edges and corners look unnaturally razor sharp and every one of his high grade books have the exact same corner/edge appearances (even the one's he claims untrimmed). My question goes back to how is he so certain which books have been trimmed and which have not? Anyone else familiar with comic keys auctions from back in the day?

I think some of the criticism here reeks of jealousy. 600 100% feedback rating. 5 star seller ratings. Most of his/her buyers are eBay veterans.

At least there is disclosure of restoration and trimming. I have bought more than a few books off of eBay where the reality is way different than the listing description.

Cheers, Howard

Honestly, how do you grade and sell a raw book as a "9.9"?

Without a cross-working panel of graders at best you could state you believe it’s close to the NM range, and that’s all! :D

It’s not serious regardless…

Cheers, Howard

First, we're assuming that this is Danny/comickeys/robojo. Several of us assume this because these appear the same type of books as comickeys and robojo used to list.

Yes, you are correct, this person has 100% feedback rating. Also, as some others have attested to and I can attest to myself, having dealt with robojo, he responds promptly and is perfectly willing to refund your money. In my case (and I had already bought several auctions before I realized who robojo was), I bought 4 books and returned 3. The 3 I returned were along the lines of advertised as 9.4 or 9.2, but then upon grading were only 8.0 or so. Plus, he didn't actually refund my money, he just gave me credit towards future purchases.

The big issue is selling books as high grade when they are actually several grades lower than advertised. They look great, but aren't as high a grade as advertised, realizing a much higher sell price for the seller than if he listed them at their actual grade. The question is, is he overgrading on purpose to scam unsuspecting customers (while freely refunding for those customers that do call him on the grading) or is he just an over objective grader? It seems the former is more likely with his ability to spot resto and the sheer amount of high grade books that move through those user names.

Also, this person is in the same part (same town?) as comickeys and robojo further bringing them under suspicion. This person (Danny, most likely) used to sell the comics without listing resto and again, would make a lot of money on the people who never double checked for resto or who never sent their books to CGC. We don't want to support a scammer who has done a lot of damage to the comic industry.

Edited by Skynwalker

Cheers, Howard

I think you're wrong Howard. There's no definitive proof that this is robojo but it's very likely.him or someone acting as front for him. He has a long, long history of deceptive and dishonest selling and it was only a matter of time before he popped up again - I just can't see him digging ditches.

Same town, same raw high grade and key comics and lots of restoration. Sellers with this type of inventory are very rare.

And 100% feedback means nothing. He's always had good feedback. He ships the books and he'll quickly refund your money if you complain before the time limit for leaving feedback expires.

And I'm also concerned about all his trimmed books. Is he attempting to provide false security by admitting that certain books are trimmed/color touched and then putting up other bigger $ books and claiming them not to be trimmed or restored in attempts to cash in at a later time. Where are all these trimmed books coming from :o

Has anybody gotten the sellers user information yet from eBay yet?

I actually thought you would know and was going to PM you.

Not yet, I'm surprised the people who bought form him have not come up with it.

Cheers, Howard

Give me a break, you have 25 posts and are totally ignorant . Jealousy has nothing to do with it, it has to do with experience and insight.

All of the edges and corners look unnaturally razor sharp and every one of his high grade books have the exact same corner/edge appearances (even the one's he claims untrimmed). My question goes back to how is he so certain which books have been trimmed and which have not? Anyone else familiar with comic keys auctions from back in the day?

:hi: I remember. I messaged him a couple of times on a few books back in the day as to how he had so many high grade books. I can't recall his exact answer, but whatever it was it smelled like freshly fertilized farmland in the springtime. I later found out via the boards early incarnation as to who this person was and what they were doing to books. So I avoided that debacle. Unfortunately, I got burned by someone else, who I often wonder is still out there lurking or ripping people off on "guaranteed unrestored" books.

Here's some lite reading for your perusal.

Comic-keys connected to robojo33 eBay account Perry / Richard / Danny:

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/

CBG article on Comic-keys, Daniel Dupcak - Fantasia history

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/cbg.htm

Links to Ewert scandal:

the first posts in this link are praising Ewert, with some questioning how he could have so many great books. Abrams (Danny) makes an appearance on pg 4.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=801965&fpart=1

The wheels come off the Ewert train. Note that the first post is by Abrams, where Danny leads people to see the shenanigans that have been going on. Some are still in denial, but the evidence becomes irrefutable.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=884905&fpart=1

There's a lot more, many old timers around here know much more about it than me and have a better perspective on what happened. It was a dark time that I'm sure some would like to forget. Or re-do. Or something.

Cheers, Howard

First, we're assuming that this is Danny/comickeys/robojo. Several of us assume this because these appear the same type of books as comickeys and robojo used to list.

Yes, you are correct, this person has 100% feedback rating. Also, as some others have attested to and I can attest to myself, having dealt with robojo, he responds promptly and is perfectly willing to refund your money. In my case (and I had already bought several auctions before I realized who robojo was), I bought 4 books and returned 3. The 3 I returned were along the lines of advertised as 9.4 or 9.2, but then upon grading were only 8.0 or so. Plus, he didn't actually refund my money, he just gave me credit towards future purchases.

The big issue is selling books as high grade when they are actually several grades lower than advertised. They look great, but aren't as high a grade as advertised, realizing a much higher sell price for the seller than if he listed them at their actual grade. The question is, is he overgrading on purpose to scam unsuspecting customers (while freely refunding for those customers that do call him on the grading) or is he just an over objective grader? It seems the former is more likely with his ability to spot resto and the sheer amount of high grade books that move through those user names.

Also, this person is in the same part (same town?) as comickeys and robojo further bringing them under suspicion. This person (Danny, most likely) used to sell the comics without listing resto and again, would make a lot of money on the people who never double checked for resto or who never sent their books to CGC. We don't want to support a scammer who has done a lot of damage to the comic industry.

As a person who was duped by Dupcak, as Comic-Keys (Doc Koos), about 15 years ago all I can say is Amen. The auctions have the same style, wording, pictures, etc. of Comic-Keys/ Robojo.

"Well according to his sig line, he is a veteran already since he has 20 posts. Not to mention he has already had at least one FDQ exit moment"

"Give me a break, you have 25 posts and are totally ignorant . Jealousy has nothing to do with it, it has to do with experience and insight"

Firstly wrong to assume that since I only have 20 odd posts I am not a veteran collecting comic books with a valid opinion. Actually I bought my first DC comic in 1962 and first Marvel in 1964 while I was a lad. Since you seem to like bragging and one-upmanship when did you start collecting?

Secondly concerning the FDQ exit moment if you read further down that thread, I apologized for that realizing I was out of line at the time despite due cause.

Rest assured, I am not going to troll the Forum looking for dirt on you. I don't play that way.

Cheers, Howard

PS. At least I don't hide behind a pseudonym to trash talk. Howard is my real name.