• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondercon or Wizard LA?

48 posts in this topic

don't be a dingleberry DL, 893naughty-thumb.gif there are basically only two real/true cities in the USA......NYC(zoo york) and SF(the city). gossip.gifforeheadslap.gif
893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Must be 4:20. Hey it really is too. 27_laughing.gif

4:20 hey i heard about this in my drug deverison class 27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

I've only been to Wizard World LA - your typical Wizard con. If you've been to one you've been to them all. I happen to like them for that and I had a really good time when I was there in March and hope to return next year.

On the other hand, San Francisco is a beautiful town, and is worth making a vaction out of if you want to go to WonderCon, but I have no idea if it's a good show or not.

I've only been to Wizard World LA - your typical Wizard con. If you've been to one you've been to them all. I happen to like them for that and I had a really good time when I was there in March and hope to return next year.

On the other hand, San Francisco is a beautiful town, and is worth making a vaction out of if you want to go to WonderCon, but I have no idea if it's a good show or not.

i have only missed 2 so far, SF is in it' 3 rd year as host city. It ROCKS, as it was in Oakland

before, great city but NO SF. More to see and do in SF. You come to SF I Will by the First

Round.

From a cost standpoint. SF will cost you much more for your trip.

not in february gossip.gif

The Man is right(supa, if you go, that drink offer is for you too), WE need to get a list of Nor Cal

members,(set-up a welcome for out of staters ) SF IN FEB. cloud9.gif

From a cost standpoint. SF will cost you much more for your trip.

not in february gossip.gif

And not since the dot.com crash that did a number on SF (pardon me if I say "thank god").

Oh - and like Brain, I'll stand a round as well! Would not miss Wondercon for anything. I can get their by bus in 30 minutes or by cab in half the time! And SF really IS a great place to check out.(Unless you are looking for a LCS in which case it sucketh big time!)

I missed the last Wondercon, but was there two years ago. It's a pretty good show, and I have to think it's better than the Wizard LA show. Plus, there will be a forum dinner, and based on Chicago, it'll be a blast!!

Plus, there will be a forum dinner, and based on Chicago, it'll be a blast!!

And based on last year's Wondercon dinner it will be a blast! I SWAER iot took me three days to recover from two days of partying.

Pace yourself there old-timmer(POV) let's think about a way to id board members at next years

Wonder Con. I may have sat next to any one of you and not have known,(not this time around)

Nor Cal EastBay I'll be there, this is your first warnning. 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif