• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondercon or Wizard LA?

48 posts in this topic

Well, Wondercon it is. After haunting the Orbitz site for three weeks I was rewarded with a three hundred dollar non stop round trip ticket. Crazy money to fly into SFO from Boston...Average non stop flights were well over five hundred $ these past few weeks. Guess I'll stay at the Con hotel, the Argent.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, Wondercon it is. After haunting the Orbitz site for three weeks I was rewarded with a three hundred dollar non stop round trip ticket. Crazy money to fly into SFO from Boston...Average non stop flights were well over five hundred $ these past few weeks. Guess I'll stay at the Con hotel, the Argent.

Yes! Wondercon! But dang! I moved from Boston to SF in 1999. But there were a slew of comic shops there when I left, as opposed to junk here in SF proper. Have things gotten bad in Boston?

But I think you will find Wondercon just fine. Haven;t missed one since I arrived and the forum dinner cannot be beat!

Please someone tell me that the current list of dealers will grow substantially before this show...I emailed Metro and they are not setting up...The Blazing one also passed on this show (which garnished him an immediate sale for a Green River Thor #141, thanks Bob!) Anyway, reservations are set so I can't change course now, but I'm starting to think I should have chosen the Wizard LA show. Or even MegaCon....

Come for the Forum Dinner. Stay for the convention. Seriously, I'm hoping there is some decent selection. But if not, it'll be worth it just for the comraderie.

Question for locals:

Regarding hotels: how is the Argent? Is it worth staying at or are there better hotels in the vicinity?

Well Harley and Heros will be there, there will be enough stuff in the Room, unless you collect EC's / Pre-code.

As for who told Pov about the Dinner, Steve man its San Francisco - you should know better, ya can't keep the hippies out bro, probably a good thing........... And ya the forum dinner is cool, as you may have garnered there is a large contingent of Bay area forumites, well maybe its just seems that way 'cause they are so vocal.....