• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy four-color toilet paper, Batman!

28 posts in this topic

Man, this Batman 611 is AWFUL! The dialogue is fetid, Lee's art is ho-hum at best, and who the hell would think that Lois Lane could work in the newspaper industry for untold decades and NOT know how to spell "therapist"??? And the "the rapist" gag directly afterward was so utterly pathetic I actually cringed.

Uncanny X-Men was much the same. The new "manga" style (which has apparently not only infected the art but the story as well) is such unbelievable garbage... does "manga" mean "incoherent, disjointed, and vapid" in Japanese?

I've never actually TRULY been embarassed to be a comic collector. I've come close a couple times when I've actually LISTENED to the banter in the local shop... but man, this stuff is so unbelievably stupid/horrid/flat-out it's sad.

Great, now I can't wait to rip into my #611.

I think I'm going to stick with not actually reading my comics. grin.gif

And the "the rapist" gag directly afterward was so utterly pathetic I actually cringed.

Could be worse... they could have gone with the "Anal Bum Cover" joke... if you're gonna rip off SNL skits for your comic you could at least do it right... tongue.gif

they could have gone with the "Anal Bum Cover" joke... if you're gonna rip off SNL skits for your comic you could at least do it right...

Oh sure, now you leave me with "The [!@#%^&^] Mightier"... I always get stuck with the [!@#%^&^]. Curse you for tricking me into that joke, House. Curse you and your wee, beady eyes.

Did you watch "Clone High, USA" on MTV the other night? Pretty ... interesting premise. Mad scientist clones all of the world's "greatest leaders" (Abe Lincoln, JFK, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, Gandhi, Genghis Khan, Shaka Khan, Sher Khan, Wrath of Khan... and George Washington Carver) but since he can't clone ADULT versions of these people and they must grow up, he puts them all in the same high school so he can keep an eye on them. Oh, the comic hijinks that ensue!

First episode finds Honest Abe scamming for beer for JFK's party....... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, it was pretty funny stuff!

I must come to the defense of my hero, BATMAN

Yes, yes, the "therapist" / "the rapist" was annoying and could envoke a gag, but I really like all this background plot with Bruce and Tom as children, and the last page just left me drooling for more (won't ruin it for those that haven't seen it yet).

I know that I have been out of it for a long time, but what's up with Talia? When did she start chillin' with Lex? Heck, when did Lex become President?

I'm really liking "Hush" so far!

DAM

Yes, yes, the "therapist" / "the rapist" was annoying and could envoke a gag, but I really like all this background plot with Bruce and Tom as children, and the last page just left me drooling for more (won't ruin it for those that haven't seen it yet).

Okay, I'll give you that the Bruce/Tom stuff is interesting... but for the love of Pete... a note to Jim Lee: Women are fun to look at. We get that. I never thought I would actually want someone to ease up on the cheesecake, but my god, he's completely trivializing these characters by making them all dress like Bug's mom... er, streetwalkers.

And if I had to read more bit of interior monologue from Bats that went along the lines of "I kissed her..." I was going to gouge out my eyes with my batarang replica.

I don't know, I mean, it started out pretty well... but this issue was just W E A K.

I'll concede that to you Major - there was WAY too much of that whole "so I kissed her" stuff going on . . .

Here is the biggest heresy: I think that Jim Aparo is the best Batman artist. Jim Lee got me excited and 608 was sweet, but Jim Aparo is the greatest followed by Neal Adams.

The next issue where Bats kicks Supe's should be awesome...

Yeah... I can't wait for the "battle". I'm sure it will be a rollickin' good time.

Whoa... almost rolled my eyes right out of my head that time.

It'll be a fun little tag team - "in this corner Batman with the woman he kissed Catwoman" and it this corner "Poison Ivy and the man whose mind she controls Superman!"

Loeb is awesome and I want to see this showdown. In pulse he mentions that his upcoming Batman / Superman series is going to be based in 612, so should be pretty fun . . .

Yeah, well, I think Jeph was "Loeb-otomized" for this last issue. Get it? GET IT?!?!?!? BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I have to laugh at my own jokes because no one else does.) <--- said in best "Ralph Wiggum" voice

Equiquet

STOP MOCKING MY SIG LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOLD YOU IT'S A DIRECT QUOTE FROM CAPTAIN RETARDO FROM THE COIN FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go back to like, page 466 of "Blind Sight" and you'll find it!!!!!!!!!! Great. Now you've made me cry again. Are you happy now??!?!? ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!??!?!?!?

:::mascara runs:::

Oh my cod, what has happened to me??? The screeching, the crying........ I'VE BECOME GREGGY!!!!!!!!! AUUUUUUUUUUGH!

I TOLD YOU IT'S A DIRECT QUOTE FROM CAPTAIN RETARDO FROM THE COIN FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So YOU say -of course I was never given a LINK to this so-called coin collector!

Go back to like, page 466 of "Blind Sight" and you'll find it!!!!!!!!!!

Jeeze! Now I have to RESEARCH your proclivity???? I think not! pah!

Now you've made me cry again. Are you happy now??!?!?

Oh yeah! OH YEAH!!!!

what has happened to me???

I'm here for ya, Bro! Yes oh yes I am (anyone got a moist towelette I can cleanse myself with?)

I'VE BECOME GREGGY

OK - scratch the Moist Towelette! Anyone got a Valium? This is going TOO far!

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

ROFL.... just ROFL.

Ya know? Somehow I THOUGHT you might appreciate that! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Buying CGC 9.8 and above Valium! Send a PM!

(ok - I realize I made a boo-boo - it is not "valium" but "vallium" - or so I have been told. But do I truest a guy who sells from the back of a 68 Checy Station Wagon???? Arrrggghhhh! wink.gif