• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade...MTU #5

62 posts in this topic

lol. Ok, so I was a teeny bit off.

However, I don't see how this graded a 7.5. The spine is fairly tight, the corners are decent, the coloring is nice, etc. What defects bring this below an 8.5???

Ok...here it is...

Graders notes:

[*]Top Back Cover Crunch

[*]Ding on Top Front Cover (top left of ACC)

[*]Graders = 8.0 , 7.5 , 7.5

To sum it up in one word. Aaaaaaaarrggggghhhh...... crazy.gif

What a load. Those 2 tiny mistakes bring it down to a VF-??? I'm really interested to see what my new submissions get. I thought they would all grade at least 9.4, so it looks like I'm in for a rude awakening.

Yo, that is a MTU! tongue.gif I was specifically referring to anothern thread that murph asked us to guess the grade! But...the fokker never did! frown.gif

That's it? confused.gif

I can't see their problems on your scans. Can you see them when you hold the comic? Regardless, if two flaws can take the book down to 7.5 then I'd expect to see it clearly in person and even a some indication in a scan.

Jim

Hey, does CGC give out that info for regular submitters like me or do you need to be some sort of heavy dealer. I would like to get those grader notes and grades on some of my books.

Some of the people on this forum are blind (well, not quite...but still). I clearly see the damaged corner, the tanning/browning along the outer edge, and I even think I see a slight stain along the top edge (above the 20cents and green strip). The book got a 7.5-8.5 at best, I suspect (that seriously dinged corner destroys any chance that this book got a 9.4...if it received a 9.0 I would not be surprised, but my gut says 8.5 at best).

Christopher H.

Hey greggy we got another hater here.

Your close on the grade Christopher. Look at earlier posts for the grade.You seem kind of harsh as to call some people blind though as some of the flaws that you see aren't even there or not as bad as you make them out to be.

Tell me about it Rick. Everyone slammed my Conan 1 and Werewolf by Night 1. I will suspect that you will be hating me when I post the scan that makes you lose the $50! tongue.gif

. I will suspect that you will be hating me when I post the scan that makes you lose the $50!

Nah...I don't need to lose $50.00 to hate you.....JK wink.gif

Kidding aside I only had .2 worth of hate on your Conan....I hope for your sake you do get 9.6 on that baby, but I hope for my sake you don't.... grin.gif

I hope that I get better than a 9.4 because it is basically pre-sold if it gets a 9.6. Need it to pay the fees for the 83 books that I just sent in to be graded! shocked.gif

Why would you send in a bunch of books to be graded if you didn't have enough money to do it in the first place? Doesn't make sense to a person with half a brain. (like Majorkaos, or whatever his name is.....he almost has half a brain).