• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Art Con, March 24, Secaucus, NJ

8 posts in this topic

Finally! The next Comic Art Con is this Sunday, March 24, from 10:00 - 4:30. Now entering our 5th year! Admission is $10 and parking is free!

The hotel will be the same as always but please note that the name has changed; it is now called the Clarion Hotel Empire Meadowlands Hotel, (2 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ).

The room is SOLD OUT with an outstanding lineup of vendors.

Dealers: Anthony Snyder, Bechara Maalouf, Will Gabri-EL, Frank Giella, Hans Kosenkranius, Jim Warden, Rich Donnelly, Albert Moy, Mike Burkey, Brad the Savage

CAF'ers: Dave Wilber, Ray Bryan

Auction Houses: ComicLink, ComicConnect, Heritage Auctions

Guest Artist: Tom Palmer

If you plan on attending you should consider bringing art with you. Transactions happen not only with the vendors but between fellow attendees as well. You never know what someone might have!

We hope to see everyone at the con!

Dan & Joe

PS If you are an artist with a Marvel / DC pedigree, (or if you know one or represent one), we are filling slots for future shows. We only have 1-2 possible spaces available per show so please contact us ASAP. We would love to hear from you!

I am going. Okay, since you guys opened this up with your exhortation to bring art, I will gladly bring any art people want to see or possible buy if I am selling it. My daughter's travel soccer game is in Rahway at 3 so I think I will be there around noon or so for 2 or so hours. So if you want to check out my wares, see my CAF in the link in my sig. I would actually consider offers on these as well, but it might take $1000 at least given what those covers he is selling on ebay are going for

harrisSHADE5cvr.jpg

SHADE11-COVER%20(2).jpg

I would love to walk into the room with 15-25 $500-$1000 pieces and leave with one big piece, maybe a Frank Miller or a Bill Everett Dr Strange. However, trading up is a precarious thing not likely accomplished in the room in two hours. But I can hope can't I?

Other things that I am willing to sell can be had for less than listed on CAF at this show. Not those Harris covers, but the Weston cover and prelim, the Wagner Batman Grendel (really reconsidering selling this lately though), and most all of it if it is in my for sale gallery.

so tell me what to bring in a PM. either way, see you there (I will definitely have on one of my comic art t-shirts so I will be easily identifiable) and I hope everyone finds their grail.

Well, I went and this was the first time I did not buy anything. I looked at lots of good art, talked with Off White for a while, talked with the Burkey brother for a while, salivated at Albert Moy's table and haggled for half an hour with no real result other than I need to raise $5K, connected with comic connect to sell some stuff with them, and had Tom Palmer sign a few pages.

Not a waste of my half-day, but not as productive as I would have liked.

Man, Albert has some beautiful Mignolas.

And Bechara will be bringing some things to the Carbo show that may be in my wheelhouse too.

But the prices are so high on so much it really is getting hard out there for a pimp.

Comic Art Con 10 is in the books! We want to thank everyone who participated, from our all-star lineup of vendors, our guest Tom Palmer, to a record number of attendees. We hope everyone had an enjoyable day. Here is a link to view some pictures from the event http://cafurl.com?i=19641

The next show will be held on September 22 so mark your calendars!

Dan & Joe