• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, April 4-6, 2014

63 posts in this topic

Hi, are there are facilitators/witnesses attending St. Louis in April 4-5-6. DWC is unsure if they will attend this year. Thank you.

Yes, I will be facilitating and have a CAW on site with me.

Question: did the comic artist 'guest list' change much as the con approached?

Reason i ask ... im thinking about Wizard World Atlanta, but the current 'guest list' doesnt justify travel/hotel etc. Should i book now & expect last minute additions?

Generally more celebrities are added or should I say finalized at the 30 day mark, comic talent is very hit or miss depending on show in will not change very much (ie your not going to see a george perez suddenly pop up 60 days out).

This is the reason I will be skipping WW Louisville, just not enough talent to justify even a single day pass.

Highly recommend this show. I went last year and it was packed. Not I cant get thru packed, but very busy. Friday best day to go as far as crowds go. Sat much busier then Friday was. I found books from SA and up to be plentiful in all grades.

I have committed to going to Louisville this time since its their first show there. I may break down and go to STL as well. STL easily has enough for 2 days though I am not sure about a 3 day pass. I left Sat afternoon last year before the snow hit and felt it was well worth it. I stopped at a few shops on the way in and out so the whole comic economy in STL got some of my money.

Let me edit this by saying I dont care about who shows up at shows I am there for the comics. The rest doesnt matter to me.

Let me edit this by saying I dont care about who shows up at shows I am there for the comics. The rest doesnt matter to me.

Amen to that. Autographs can be a nice bonus, but I'm there first and foremost to buy books.

No snow this year.

:wishluck:

I'm hoping the same thing for WW Austin this year and for the January show in NO. :wishluck: