• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, April 4-6, 2014

63 posts in this topic

Anyone have an exhibitor/dealer list for the show? I can't get the floor plan to load on the main site.

I'm really worried this show is going to be ridiculously overcrowded. The media guests just "scream" teeny-bopper fandom.

I've been trying to track a copy of the floor plan down as well. Planning on making a buying run on Sunday. Didn't make it last year, so this will be my first time hitting up the StL WW.

Anyone here setting up for the show this year?

Ugh. Looks like Wizard crammed the dealers into the same space with the celebrity "curtain troughs."

If I have to fight through a "line" of teeny-boppers waiting to get Matt Smith's autograph just to look at the comics, I shall be very, very unhappy. Like rip-your-crappy-cardboard-sword-in-half unhappy.

:mad:

Ugh. Looks like Wizard crammed the dealers into the same space with the celebrity "curtain troughs."

If I have to fight through a "line" of teeny-boppers waiting to get Matt Smith's autograph just to look at the comics, I shall be very, very unhappy. Like rip-your-crappy-cardboard-sword-in-half unhappy.

:mad:

I couldn't agree more.

How did today go for the boardies who are setup at the show?

Today was a great day as far as finishing out the sig's for everyone but Capullo and two others. Pick-up's for sketches and requested commissions have been made and looking forward to tomorrow when we can see the first set being completed. Some EVS's and a Suydam to post tomorrow. I do have to say the highlight though, Kindt was in an amazing mood and did this for one requester just because.

IMG_0166_zps0e38889e.jpg

I do have to say it was a nice to be at a relaxing Con for a day without the insanity. Tomorrow should be busy though.

I had a nice time at the con today. I picked up an Adams sketch, Cap 117, and filled in my FF run with 22,24,26,27,28,31,32,33,45, and 52, all midgrades.

I can't speak for the dealers in the room, but from my perspective, the selection was-in terms of grades-feast or famine. Most of the big dealers had a great selection of high grade books, while the small dealers had lots of low grade. Finding midgrade books, while not impossible, took some real searching. Maybe that's just the way it is nowadays.

I heard a big dealer complaining about people in Nashville and StL, and how "all they want is $1 or $3 books. That's all people here can afford." Weird thing to say around paying customers, but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion.

How did today go for the boardies who are setup at the show?

I do have to say the highlight though, Kindt was in an amazing mood and did this for one requester just because.

Kindt has always done right by me and my friends. Did you see the DMC sketch covers he did at Planet CC in KC? Those are a great example. He's a top notch guy.