• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lone Star Comic Con

17 posts in this topic

Idk but the Texas show get worse and worse each year

quoted for truth.

though i have heard good things about comicpalooza in houston. Every show I've been to in texas has gone downhill now that wizard has set the bar at c and d list celebs to be called a 'comic-con'.

I wonder if we might get a divergence at some point and old school hotel shows come back into vogue for the comics folks

Idk but the Texas show get worse and worse each year

quoted for truth.

though i have heard good things about comicpalooza in houston. Every show I've been to in texas has gone downhill now that wizard has set the bar at c and d list celebs to be called a 'comic-con'.

I wonder if we might get a divergence at some point and old school hotel shows come back into vogue for the comics folks

The Dallas show is definitely morphing into an "entertainment" show (read: few or no comic guests). I can understand that for their Sci-Fi themed shows, but in reality all three of their shows are more or less the same with different names. The Comic Con in May is no more a comic show than either of the others, at least in terms of guests (though more and bigger comic dealers do seem to come to the May show).

I wouldn't say that the Dallas shows are worthless, but I wouldn't buy more than a 1 day ticket for any of them. And if you are coming ONLY to buy comics you might consider coming only to the May show.

Wizard World in Austin is always pretty good. My favorite con in Texas is definitely Staple in Austin. Great indie show. I didn't get to go this year, but last year had Kevin Eastman, Cullen Bunn, Brian Hurtt, Chris Starros and a ton of great indie comics.

Wizard World in Austin is always pretty good. My favorite con in Texas is definitely Staple in Austin. Great indie show. I didn't get to go this year, but last year had Kevin Eastman, Cullen Bunn, Brian Hurtt, Chris Starros and a ton of great indie comics.

Wizard World sucks ! All of them!

This con had a total of maybe 6 long boxes of books. One guy had his late 80's early 90's Marvels. Picked an X-Factor #6 in 9.6 for $2. Another hot some hot moderns and variants picked up Injustice #1 and # 2 for $14 and DF Nemesis variants for 75% off. I was there for thirty minutes. Time to start traveling to the real shows.