• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello from the UK

74 posts in this topic

Just a quick Hello from London- stopped at an internet cafe and decided to make a quick Post. Chicago was awesome- bought a Tec 27 VG- CGC (unrestored), NM- CGC X-Men #1 and TOS #39, a low grade CGC Pep #22 and a huge high grade collection of late SA and BA-wow. On top of that selling was actually really good.

I am proud to say the first UK Metropolis Convention was a smashing success. Sales rivaled those at Chicago. It was great to meet many of my UK customers in person-especially my dear pal Ian! A very nice bloke if I do say so myself.

It is safe to say I will be crossing the pond again to meet with more of the UK collectors!

Hope you are all well-I will be out of touch for the next few weeks but feel free to get in touch with any of my staff or partner if you have any questions. Hope you have been enjoying the Comic Zone- last week Ed interviewed Ayers, Art Adams-this week Joe Jusko and Bob Hall.

Cheers,

Vincent

I am proud to say the first UK Metropolis Convention was a smashing success. Sales rivaled those at Chicago. It was great to meet many of my UK customers in person-especially my dear pal Ian! A very nice bloke if I do say so myself.

Unfortunately, by the time I'd worked out the deal with you to upgrade fifteen comics, and got back to my car, I'd run over the time on the meter by ten minutes, and waiting for me on the windshield of the car was a hundred pound ticket ($185), thereby negating any advantage I achieved by haggling over the price. I guess there's a lesson to be learned there, or maybe the London traffic wardens had the wheels in motion.

Parking tickets can run that high here. If you park illegally in a handicap zone, I think it's $200. But the "typical" parking ticket (too much time in a timed zone) runs about $30 to $50.

I suppose it does depend where Ian parked his car - if he parked it too close to a zebra crossing or a handicapped space then that would be deserving of a more serious penalty. But those quota obsessed jobsworths will fine you severely for even the most minor of transgressions. mad.gif

Chicago was awesome- bought a Tec 27 VG- CGC (unrestored), NM- CGC X-Men #1 and TOS #39, a low grade CGC Pep #22 and a huge high grade collection of late SA and BA-wow.

893whatthe.gif

You die! You die and you go to hell! 893censored-thumb.gif

I want a job where I can get paid to buy stuff like that.

Parking tickets can run that high here. If you park illegally in a handicap zone, I think it's $200. But the "typical" parking ticket (too much time in a timed zone) runs about $30 to $50.

I suppose it does depend where Ian parked his car - if he parked it too close to a zebra crossing or a handicapped space then that would be deserving of a more serious penalty. But those quota obsessed jobsworths will fine you severely for even the most minor of transgressions. mad.gif

Well, he said the meter had run out. Now what kind of meter WAS that????

I suppose it does depend where Ian parked his car - if he parked it too close to a zebra crossing or a handicapped space then that would be deserving of a more serious penalty. But those quota obsessed jobsworths will fine you severely for even the most minor of transgressions.

I parked on a pay and display bay in Russell Square. It cost four pounds for one hour. The ticket which I had to display on my windscreen expired at 16.12. By the time Vincent and I had "discussed" the deal and reached an agreement, and I rushed back to my car, it was 16.18, and there, on my windscreen, was a £100 penalty ticket.

Just pure greed and obsession on the part of Camden Council. One time I went into Comicana (also under Camden Council), and left someone waiting in the car. No traffic warden came near. Eventually I got a ticket through the post, saying I had neglected to pay the "so called" parking ticket put on the car at the time, and the price went up to £150. I appealed, with a witness statement from the guy waiting in the car, and still I lost.

Ian should've parked in St. Albans.... wink.gif

Anyway, having a baby on the way I declined Metro's offer to spend a few grand with him. However, I'm fascinated to know who the other UK big boys are...

Ian should've parked in St. Albans.... wink.gif

Anyway, having a baby on the way I declined Metro's offer to spend a few grand with him. However, I'm fascinated to know who the other UK big boys are...

I was sent an email about it.

Although i do not consider myself a 'UK big boy' frown.gif