• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello from the UK

74 posts in this topic

yyy.gif

...That pic is just not right Newt,....you're a sick boy.....

It's a mutant, do you think professor X will take it in?

Unfortunitly I can't take credit for the picture. I stole it from somewhere else.

My mind couldn't create something so so.....pre code horror.

my wedding anniversary weekend

Come on FT, how long do you need to celebrate a wedding??? Please say that it is still in the early years??? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Oh yeah, I was invited too, and receive 2 emails on seperate weeks, Guess I must be a double big boy?? Doesnt it feel good to be 'invited' to spend a of money?

Oh yeah, I was invited too, and receive 2 emails on seperate weeks, Guess I must be a double big boy?? Doesnt it feel good to be 'invited' to spend a of money?

You must have got my e-mail by mistake as I didn't even know what this thread was about until half way through. Maybe I should start auctioning chainsaws? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ian - go on tell us. I'm intrigued as I was the silly sod who walked to Metro's address in New York only to realise it was a "by appointment only" venue - and I was really looking forward to leafing through his collection of high-grade early 1990s Marvels. smirk.gif

(By the way, "by appointment only" in Yorkshire generally means "brothel" blush.gif)

But really guys - who are the big boys in the UK? Think of it like "who watches the watchmen?". It's that big a question.

Metro, perhaps only you can answer this question?

Ian - go on tell us. I'm intrigued as I was the silly sod who walked to Metro's address in New York only to realise it was a "by appointment only" venue - and I was really looking forward to leafing through his collection of high-grade early 1990s Marvels. smirk.gif

(By the way, "by appointment only" in Yorkshire generally means "brothel" blush.gif)

But really guys - who are the big boys in the UK? Think of it like "who watches the watchmen?". It's that big a question.

Metro, perhaps only you can answer this question?

I'd say there are no real BSDs in the U.K. Plenty of wannabes, though. I'm sure you can think of a couple.

To further clarify the only dealer set up was me. It was more like a one man show (well one man and one woman as my lovely wife Linda assisted me throughout the day). I had rented out a conference room at a London Hotel and brought about 300 GA, SA and BA comics for customers to peruse through. Most of the customers who came had set up appointments before I arrived in England.

It was a great deal of fun for me to meet with my UK customers and I look forward to doing it again very soon. I am sorry to hear about Ian's ticket-as I have learned parking in London is hell. The city even charges a congestion charge of 5 pounds (approx. $10.00 US) for entering into London's city center. For those of you I didn't get to see this time don't fret I will see you on my next trip- my wife has fallen in love with Britain and we will be back!

Sincerely,

Vincent

PS- We are now in Brugge, Belgium-lots of chocolate (yum), Beer (yum) and Pomme Frites (french/freedom-duh fries) (Yum)

Kev, it was my first wedding anniversary....Now do you see why it was life or death?

BTW, where the hell you been hiding?

1st 893whatthe.gif , should have aken the week 27_laughing.gif

As for hiding - Didnt you know I moved out into the stix and now am a professional manhunter, specifically after people that refer to me as 'lanky'

I believe I STILL have something of yours, am I right??? You goig to Cambden???

--------------

As for BSDs in the UK, Daryl has to be one??? Overcharges, buys at pennies and sells for 1000% markup, he has to qualify??????? And can't remember whos behind comic-biz, but they are pretty out there too (Stateside comics comes to mind) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for hiding - Didnt you know I moved out into the stix and now am a professional manhunter, specifically after people that refer to me as 'lanky'

You're lanky. tongue.gif Anyway, regarding the U.S. versus U.K. BSD debate, none of the Brit pretenders are in the same universe as Geppi, Parrino, and co.