• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch pricing

13 posts in this topic

Realizing this is a very general question, I was looking for some help. I am looking to attend the Phoenix Comic Con and trying to get some original sketched artwork done. For those of you who have been or have done this, what is a ballpark figure what the artists charge for a cover?

I know different artists charge different amounts, just in general, if Im looking to get a black and white sketch or a full color sketch, what can I expect to spend? No super big names like Neal Adams, for the Mike Choi and Mike Mckone artists.

Thanks in advance.

About tree-fiddy.

Realizing this is a very general question, I was looking for some help. I am looking to attend the Phoenix Comic Con and trying to get some original sketched artwork done. For those of you who have been or have done this, what is a ballpark figure what the artists charge for a cover?

I know different artists charge different amounts, just in general, if Im looking to get a black and white sketch or a full color sketch, what can I expect to spend? No super big names like Neal Adams, for the Mike Choi and Mike Mckone artists.

Thanks in advance.

As far as convention sketches go, I don't think most artists do full color because it takes too long.

For a normal, full figure, inked convention sketch most artists probably charge $50-$100.

Maybe for artist's alley guys.

As far as convention sketches go, I don't think most artists do full color because it takes too long.

For a normal, full figure, inked convention sketch most artists probably charge $50-$100.

Maybe for artist's alley guys.

I don't know Sean, I've seen my fair share of no-names charging Jim Cheung like prices...

From my experience at Megacon most published artists charge between $100-$300 for full figure. There are some exceptions but they are big names who only do 1-4 a weekend. Also, lots of artists do full color now; you just might have to talk to them the first day and wait until the last day until it's done.

Check CAF and you can see the quality of sketches that artists do at cons.