• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

? I have a X-Men #250 with 5 covers on it does anyone else have any with more than two covers on them I would love to hear or see them and I would also like to see more Double covers so keep them comming.

I just bought a Giant Size Marvel Superheroes #1 yesterday that has 3 covers. The thing is, the 2 outer covers aren't attached, just floating there. Any idea how CGC deals with this?

Thanks.

blush.gif I guess CGC does mention the outer covers being loose on Giant Size Marvel's now I just found this on ebay thumbsup2.gif

589a8cf133e10_595144-ironman43dc.jpg.f5899a662fcdd39ea35cfd35c91c7b75.jpg

Back just after the Man Of Steel days DC ran a mail-in contest where they were giving away a bound set of Man of Steel 1-5. Odds of winning were 1:100. A friend of mine won one.

Essentially what they did was take the overstock Man Of Steel books and glue a cardstock cover on them -- instant TPB. The #1 (there was a direct and newsstand cover if you recall) was just random. You got one or the other in the #1 slot.

Anyway, my friend showd up with his new, unopened Man Of Steel TPB. When we cracked it open we found that not only was the #1 the direct version but it was also a double cover. Too cool! thumbsup2.gif

I guess CGC does mention the outer covers being loose on Giant Size Marvel's now I just found this on ebay

Thanks for the info! I think I will submit it then. I was worried they may not want to grade it with the 2 loose covers.

The only graded double cover I have is World's Finest 199 (Adams Superman vs. Flash). It's 9.0 outer/8.5 inner.

I like books with multiple covers. My copy of DD #21 (with a double cover) is actually in the hand of CGC. I'm hoping a 8.0 (at least) 893crossfingers-thumb.gif the inside cover is very nice...

dd0021.jpg

The comic is just back from CGC (thanks Paris_Fred thumbsup2.gif):

Universal 9.0 yay.gif

(Outter cover is 7.5)

Posted on the Golden Age board, Double covers are like a protective shield on the interior covers. Always fresh and clean and white. I'll probably be selling this one soon so look for it.

Don't worry, the out cover is probably a F- and I didn't close the lid on the scanner.

From 1950 #nn Fawcette cover

scan.jpg

scan0001.jpg