• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the longest run you have/have collected?

112 posts in this topic

I ask because I got into this thinking I would only get stuff that I liked (linked below) and that my collection would never grow larger than 100-200 books. But now I'm finishing my Before Watchmen set, and I'm trying to find the next thing to collect.

I'm contemplating collecting everything Green Lantern but I don't have the space, and I don't really want to end up with a bunch of moderns, and 90s moderns that I will just have to throw away (despite really enjoying some of the New 52 stuff I've been reading)

So I wanted to start this to try and

A: Have someone convince me to do it, or to not do it.

B: Learn how many people on here collect of something. I'm fairly sure someone on here has Spidey 1-700.

Also searched a couple of things and nothing came up in here.

Until recently, i had a complete Avengers run. 1-502 of the original run,the pocket universe series, all the annuals , Giant Sizes and specials, as well as New Avengers 1-50,Mighty avengers, Dark avengers, ect, ect.

Sold most of my CGC copies and 1-20 in the buildup to the hype, then sold 201- 350 to a board member. I've also sold about half of numbers 101-200 to a different member.

I no longer care about complete runs. I'd rather have two or three Omnibi of a run than the originals.

Pretty sure I had over 150 consecutive issues of UXM, and I think a full run of X-Men. Both are gone now.

Today my longest uninterrupted run might be Elfquest, all of volume 1, all of the Epic reprints, all of Seige, all of Kings, I think all the novels, FQ #1, and the beginnings of Hidden Years, New Blood, and Blood Of Ten Chiefs. That's like somewhere around 90 consecutive issues. I plan on working on this series more, whenever I get around to hunting down back issues again.

Oooo dupont made me remember some stuff I forgot about ultimate spiderman ... though I misseda fair chunk of the early books I got a ton of that series right up into the 100+ range ... that may actually be one of mine ... also marvel transformers & the original tmnt stuff

also have the entire original aoa run... did that one as a kid getting all those comics was HARD at that age lol! I also have quite a few other runs in Hard cover format but I don't think that counts

Currently the two longest runs I have are X-Men 90-550ish and Superboy 168-354 then continuing through the next three Legion series.

I have a full run of The Defenders and other bronze titles like 2 in 1 and Spider-Woman.

About five short for HfH/PM/PMIF and fourteen short of Avengers vol 1.

Have only been collecting again for four years on a limited budget so have done quite well.

I know there are plenty of people on these boards who have full runs of many titles.

Frankie (Bronze Age Fan) is short of 3 (I think) to have every Marvel title of the 60's (at least).

Amazing Spider-Man - AF15-ASM 1- 700 and now Superior

Eternal Warrior - Everything - Valiant and Acclaim

Hero Bear and the Kid

Batman New 52 1-Current

I had at one point but sold...

GI Joe 1-155 Special Missions 1-20 something

Batman 181-Then Current at 600 something

X-Men 201-350ish

Amazing Spider-Man and Eternal Warrior are part of the permanent collection. One day when I poop money I will go after an Eternal Warrior slabbed run.

At one point I had (raw):

Batman #171 – 711

Detective Comics #280 – 8?? Whatever the last issue was.

I also had every comic Batman made an appearance in (that wasn’t pre Tec #280).

Sold it all and then start putting together a CGC Batman run together, had 500 books but I had to push that further by going after all variants, pence & Canadian cent copies, newsstand etc… got out of hand.

Just sold most of that lol

My mind changes like the weather, just enjoy the journey and collect for the right reasons. I went overboard in the end and had to have an intervention.

Now I'm going for quality over quantity :)

I can't compete with the bigger numbers, but I do have a complete set of Fables 1-127. I did have all the other series but decided to get rid of Jack of Fables, the Cinderella minis and Fairest and just stick with the core title.

I agree with whoever said above that in general I'd rather have the omnibuses/trades though. I enjoyed the series a lot more when I first discovered it and was able to read big chunks. Nowadays I buy the monthlies and just read an arc at a time once they've built up.

I ask because I got into this thinking I would only get stuff that I liked (linked below) and that my collection would never grow larger than 100-200 books. But now I'm finishing my Before Watchmen set, and I'm trying to find the next thing to collect.

I'm contemplating collecting everything Green Lantern but I don't have the space, and I don't really want to end up with a bunch of moderns, and 90s moderns that I will just have to throw away (despite really enjoying some of the New 52 stuff I've been reading)

So I wanted to start this to try and

A: Have someone convince me to do it, or to not do it.

B: Learn how many people on here collect of something. I'm fairly sure someone on here has Spidey 1-700.

Also searched a couple of things and nothing came up in here.

I collect DC and I already know that I will not own everything Detective. Are you purchasing to read or just collect? Maybe you should just settle on one Lantern.

Why would you throw away anything? My "collection" runs through SA to MA. I don't think any less of my comics from the 90's. In fact some of my favorites are from that period. My suggestion is collection what you like.

Also, have you thought about getting trade paperbacks? There is a lot of material you can get in trade. DC finally released Day of Judgment in TPB format so there is hope that other stories will get collected as well.