• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the longest run you have/have collected?

112 posts in this topic

I ask because I got into this thinking I would only get stuff that I liked (linked below) and that my collection would never grow larger than 100-200 books. But now I'm finishing my Before Watchmen set, and I'm trying to find the next thing to collect.

I'm contemplating collecting everything Green Lantern but I don't have the space, and I don't really want to end up with a bunch of moderns, and 90s moderns that I will just have to throw away (despite really enjoying some of the New 52 stuff I've been reading)

So I wanted to start this to try and

A: Have someone convince me to do it, or to not do it.

B: Learn how many people on here collect of something. I'm fairly sure someone on here has Spidey 1-700.

Also searched a couple of things and nothing came up in here.

Daredevil 1 - present. There's some funky math that needs to be done due to the various relaunches and re-numberings, but including the original series in the 60s, plus the Marvel Knights series, plus that year they continued the numbering with Black Panther, plus the current Mark Waid series, the entire run stands at about 557 issues at this point.

ASM 1-400 all raw and a few doubles CGC, I am multiples of several.

Savage Sword of Conan 1-130

Defenders 1-120

Marvel Team-up 1-130

The Thing, The Champions, Machine Man, New Warriors, Nova, Starbrand, Boris the Bear, Space Beaver, Marvel 2-1, Kamandi, and Darkhawk all complete.

UXM 1-350

I had a lcs that is not around any longer, but I bought a complete run of M21 for $85 and the MTU for $95. I also bought my first ASM #1 from them. But that was a long time ago.

Seems X-men is the popular one. I have 1-265 which is probably going on the for sale section sometime this year.

Once that is gone, FF will be the biggest. Missing five to have 1-125 (9, 14, 17, 18, 29). As it stands, I have 30-125.

I am currently working on the "impossible dream" to have a complete (excluding variant covers) run of The Amazing Spider-Man.

To date, I have a complete run from issue #59 to issue #700 - I also have a few issues below #59...(I have #56, #50, #46 and #39)

My goal this year is to have from #50 to #700 and pick up a few other 'key books' as well. Issue #40 and #41 are up there right now.

Oh yes, I also have Ultimate Spider-Man #1 to #160 in NM+

Amazing Spider-Man 1 to present all in VF or better with most being 9.0 or better including the #1 at 9.0.

Second longest is Fantastic Four 1 to present all in VF or better except that the #1 is 7.0.

Third longest is Uncanny X-Men 1 to present. Most are 9.0 or better, but I do have a bunch of lower grades I bought as a teenager and haven't replaced, and the #1 is a 7.5.

Fourth longest is Daredevil 1 to present. Many are in lower grades.

I'm still working on my ASM run. I've got 150 to present right now. I'm missing scattered issues down but I have the majority of them. I'm clearly at the pricey point. I'm just trying to get readers of most issues and picking up what I consider the key's graded.

My run of Fantastic Four, 1 to present, is the really big one. Most of the other Marvel titles I have just silver age issues, but I went a bit farther with ASM (1-150).

I am complete on Tales To Astonish (1-101)

Tales Of Suspense (1-99)

Amazing Ad., Ad-Fant., Fant. (1-15)

and the post-implosion issues of Journey Into Mystery (49-125) and

Strange Tales (67-168).

Currently, my focus is post-implosion Marvels with interior stories Jack Kirby.

When I first started collecting as a teen, my goal was to collect every Spider-Man appearance in every comic book ever made. I got about 85% of the goal completed but then I focused on Golden Age books and sold off all the Spidey's

The current longest title I collect is Marvel Mystery Comics.