• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con

191 posts in this topic

misunderstanding that CGC them self but others being there representing cgc. This could be something that was past onto them as such but point being there will be something in the form of cgc with full service. Desert Wind is a full service provider. so saying that cgc will be there is not in no way wrong. but saying cgc will be grading onsite would be. right now this is a new convention its best for this to get in the water first ... if anything I am sure a cgc setup with cgc staff will happen next year. time will tell.

The screen shots I posted are now deleted form the FB pages. Guess this thread was read by some one who didn't feel the need to explain. Still waits on the CGC discount code that was promised.

hm

Saw that Herb Trimpe was announced a few days ago. Neal Adams will also be there.

Guest Lists

Artists

Celebs

Comic (and related) Companies setting up

CS Claymore Statue

Aspen

Boom/Archaia

Antartic Press

Marvel

Previews World

Kotobukiya

Zachary Taylor

Zenescope

There are several comic dealers that will be set up, including Duncanville Books, M&M Comics, Timeless Heroes, and myself. There may be others, but I don't recognize them from the vendor list.

I should be going for at least a day. Will definetely stop by to talk.

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that Duncanville Bookstore will be there with 4 booths worth of comics as well as lots and lots of key issues. I know Rick (bubbagump) will be there with his growing inventory of nice silver and bronze age books. Boyd (bcc) of Black Cat Comics also just signed up and he still has a FANTASTIC selection of wall books and he will probably have the best golden age inventory in the room as well. I know the room looks a little light as far as comics go but remember, this is a first time show and the promoters look like they are trying to put on a good show. There are going to be bumps in the road for any new show. They should get a good crowd and there will be plenty of good items for sale. If they get a good crowd, the quality dealers will come. Hopefully, they can build on this show and add another quality show in Texas. If any boardies come to the show, stop by the booth and say hi!

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that Duncanville Bookstore will be there with 4 booths worth of comics as well as lots and lots of key issues. I know Rick (bubbagump) will be there with his growing inventory of nice silver and bronze age books. Boyd (bcc) of Black Cat Comics also just signed up and he still has a FANTASTIC selection of wall books and he will probably have the best golden age inventory in the room as well. I know the room looks a little light as far as comics go but remember, this is a first time show and the promoters look like they are trying to put on a good show. There are going to be bumps in the road for any new show. They should get a good crowd and there will be plenty of good items for sale. If they get a good crowd, the quality dealers will come. Hopefully, they can build on this show and add another quality show in Texas. If any boardies come to the show, stop by the booth and say hi!

See you there. :hi:

I was only going to go Friday, but Adam West is only going to be there Sunday, so now I have a Friday and Sunday pass.

Friday I will just be going for books, and look forward to seeing what you've got.

There is a deal on Living Social for a 3 day pass for $32.

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/859022-three-day-pass-to-alamo-city-comic-con?ref=share-post_purchase-copy_box-web-deals&rui=141305155&rpi=137080760

In case you have been waiting to get tickets.

Man...Is it just me but does that floor plan look a bit cramped? Why would they load up the front entrance right away? Anyways. Look forward to the first of hopefully many to come.

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/859022-three-day-pass-to-alamo-city-comic-con?ref=share-post_purchase-copy_box-web-deals&rui=141305155&rpi=137080760

Man...Is it just me but does that floor plan look a bit cramped? Why would they load up the front entrance right away? Anyways. Look forward to the first of hopefully many to come.

That's not a bad deal at all for a 3 day pass. Duncanville, Black Cat, and Bubbagump all have good material, so even if there aren't a ton of dealers at least they'll be some good ones worth checking out.

I'm still really curious to get con reports, so if you do go please take photos and notes for a good and detailed report. I could make a drive next year if its worthwhile.

That's not a bad deal at all for a 3 day pass. Duncanville, Black Cat, and Bubbagump all have good material, so even if there aren't a ton of dealers at least they'll be some good ones worth checking out.

I'm still really curious to get con reports, so if you do go please take photos and notes for a good and detailed report. I could make a drive next year if its worthwhile.

Oh......will do. Was going to volunteer but I have my nephews wedding in Austin on Saturday to attend. I will be there early morning Friday to box dive and look for a few books. I will take some pics and hopefully have a report sometime on Friday. I figure this con could draw 5 - 10K on Saturday. But thats me hoping they are a smash so they will do bigger and better things in the future. I am not sure with that layout if they can smoothly handle that crowd. I think the theatre can hold 2k for panels. With the fifteen minute intervals between panels I dont think they are too worried about clearing them out.

Just checked the layout, and it doesn't look that unusual to me. If I were running a show I'd want a packed floor (reasonably, of course) right inside the door for effect. You don't want a crowd walking into what looks like an empty space. As long as their crowd control and door management is ok they should be fine I'd think.

To say that Wizard does a show that is well managed is laughable , I just talked to a very prominent artist at Nashville wizard and he had to tell wizard how to promote Norman reddus and the fact barely any one knew about the con in Nashville , no banners advertising locally and also they treat artists and creators like Ice cream vendors , I am not saying Alamo is perfect but it seems many people forget what comics is about, Or how to promote and use social media and do PR according to who is coming to the show and properly promoting them.