• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1 & 2

33 posts in this topic

Please help me with these grades.

#1 has a very nice front cover, and a very nice spine. Everything's attached very well. A pressing is really going to help this one present nicer too.

There is a light stain in the upper left corner of the back cover.

The big problem is a "poke through" on the back cover that goes thru a couple of interior pages. You don't really notice it at all on the interior pages, but as you can see it's very obvious on the back cover.

get-attachmentaspx_zpsefe6d793.jpeg

get-attachment-1aspx_zpsc0db7dd0.jpeg

#2 is really nice. A little vertical creasing on the spine thru the vultures wing. Also a 1.8" spine split at the top. With a press & a dry clean I think this one could really look nice.

get-attachment-2aspx_zps616315d0.jpeg

get-attachment-3aspx_zpsfcd61a8c.jpeg

Ouch. Did you have to lay the book open like that? Makes me cringe.

No, the guy I bought it from took these photos. I cringed when I saw that photo just like you. Thank God that cover didn't pop off. Some people amaze me with the way they handle these valuable artifacts.

Ouch. Did you have to lay the book open like that? Makes me cringe.

No, the guy I bought it from took these photos. I cringed when I saw that photo just like you. Thank God that cover didn't pop off. Some people amaze me with the way they handle these valuable artifacts.

That is good to hear.

for number 2...If it's pressed a 6.0. if not 5.5/5.0. I always hated the cover for the first issue and thought issue number 2 had the much more classic cover of spidey flying above the city. Classic!!!