• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1 & 2

33 posts in this topic

WOW!

I normally don't look through the opinions before I offer mine, but when I saw the date of the original post I figured this was an update bump.

I'm thrilled for you and the 4.5 you got, but I'll admit I'm surprised :o :O :o

I would have gone with the other's and said 3.5 due to the stain and tear. The front does look 4.5, but not the back :shrug:

Looks like I still have a chance to guess the #2 grade. As is (was) I'd say 4.5, but looking at the #1 in the slab I'll assume you had it pressed. And if the #1 got a 4.5 :o :O :o then the #2 should have received a 6.0

But I feel- even with a press- it should get a 5.0-5.5 due to the color loss defects.

If it got less than 6.0, I'll be very confused ??? when compared to the #1

:popcorn:

WOW!

I normally don't look through the opinions before I offer mine, but when I saw the date of the original post I figured this was an update bump.

I'm thrilled for you and the 4.5 you got, but I'll admit I'm surprised :o :O :o

I would have gone with the other's and said 3.5 due to the stain and tear. The front does look 4.5, but not the back :shrug:

Looks like I still have a chance to guess the #2 grade. As is (was) I'd say 4.5, but looking at the #1 in the slab I'll assume you had it pressed. And if the #1 got a 4.5 :o :O :o then the #2 should have received a 6.0

But I feel- even with a press- it should get a 5.0-5.5 due to the color loss defects.

If it got less than 6.0, I'll be very confused ??? when compared to the #1

:popcorn:

In hand, because of how nice the front cover is, I thought it would get better than a 3.5, but I wasn't sure it could get better than a 4.0. So I am very happy. I think I lot of collectors want the front cover to be the best feature overall, and this is an example of where the front cover looks better than the grade.

This makes me want to re-submit my 4.0....its in way better shape than this. This might be the thread that makes me do just that...Great job on the 4.5!

Stop trashing and drop the pants. We want to see your copy now :baiting:

whoa, slow down. I'm not trashing his book! I'm super pumped he got a 4.5 on it. Most people on this thread thought it was lower in the 3.5 area. We all know a .5 difference in a book like this can mean a lot. What I'm trying to say is I believe my book could have scored higher, even if just by .5. I was even told by many boardies shortly after I bought this copy that It should have got a higher grade.

Again, great job on the 4.5! Dying to see what the ASM 2 comes back as.

xcpo.png

h282.png

I don't have it in hand yet, but I just got word that my ASM 2 has graded 6.0 Blue Label. Woo Hoo!

You boardies who offered your grading expertise estimated grades in the 4.5 - 6.0 range.

So both my ASM 1&2 came in on the high side of the grading curve. (maybe CGC is going thru a looser grading phase again)

Here's a pick of it raw again

get-attachment-2aspx_zps616315d0.jpeg