• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

The movie was terrible. Really sucked.

I have to unfortunately agree - I am happy, on the other hand, that I will be able to pick up an affordable TOS #50. I watched it last night and was scratching my head at how awful the plot was. They could have done so much with it and also tie the first movie back into the series (I loved how DKR did that). They went a different route, however, and I was not a fan.

I, however, love RDJ in that role and think he is awesome always when playing Tony. I also loved the continued evolution of the armor. So...at the end of the day, it is still awesome seeing Iron Man in a friggin movie; but this movie was a definite let down.

I liked the attempts to tie in the other movies; it wasn't overt, but some cool quick comments, like "since the guy with the hammer came down..."

The cut scene was pretty cool too.

I always go to comic movies with an open mind. So far I loved the first 2 ironman and the Avengers movies. They certainly are not perfect and don't follow the comic 100% but really who wants that anyhow. I just watched Ironman 3 and thought it was okay. Certainly the weakest of the 3 and the Avengers. I did enjoy it but I thought it was slow moving and lacked action.

Gonna see it in a couple of hours.. Judging by the reviews from you guys, it looks like it'll be a long night. I'm hoping that this third one will be better than the second, but it's not looking good

Can someone explain What Aldrich Killian's motivation was?

Was there a scene edited out for time or something?

Sorry, but it wasn't clear to me.

There is one thing I didn't like about this movie... When you see it, you will know what I'm talking about.

100% agree... that giant stuffed rabbit was f*cking stupid.

I generally liked the film up until the end. The big fight scene was stupid, illogical and boring. Should've just shot that dude in the HEAD with one of the 40-odd suits flying around.

Can someone explain What Aldrich Killian's motivation was?

Was there a scene edited out for time or something?

Sorry, but it wasn't clear to me.

Motivation for which part?

Killian's plan was to use the magic mutant tree formula to create a private army of super soldiers for AIM. Then, with his puppet in control of the White House, he would continue to stage a worldwide terror spree and then sell AIM's services to the highest bidders on both sides of the conflict.

The only problem was that the formula's side effect meant that his soldiers were prone to randomly exploding. Stark was the only person who could correct the flaw, as he proved with his drunken formulizing at the Bern conference. So Killian's motivation for capturing Stark and Pepper was to force Stark to fix the formula.

Also, he had the hots for Pepper and was pissed at Stark, so it was personal as well.

I just got out of the theatre and I really didn't like it.. The plot was just dragging and not up to par with the previous two Iron Man movies. The twist bothered me a lot actually. Didn't see it coming at all. The movie had too many humor and felt that it was more of a comedy than an action-packed Marvel film. I'm surprised that Rotten Tomatoes has the movie at 78% likeability. It pains to say this, but I actually enjoyed Spiderman 3 more than this one

I just got out of the theatre and I really didn't like it.. The plot was just dragging and not up to par with the previous two Iron Man movies. The twist bothered me a lot actually. Didn't see it coming at all. The movie had too many humor and felt that it was more of a comedy than an action-packed Marvel film. I'm surprised that Rotten Tomatoes has the movie at 78% likeability. It pains to say this, but I actually enjoyed Spiderman 3 more than this one

Wow that is harsh! I hated it but not enough to say it was worse than SM 3.