• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

Any issues with taking my 11 year old son and 9 year old daughter to see it?

Violence and language are no biggie, but concerned about sexuality/nudity if there is any?

You'll be okay with that.

But, it is easily the most violent of the 3 films.

Violence and language are no biggie, but concerned about sexuality/nudity if there is any?

I just watched it with my son who just turned 12, no issue.

I just got out of the theatre and I really didn't like it.. The plot was just dragging and not up to par with the previous two Iron Man movies. The twist bothered me a lot actually. Didn't see it coming at all. The movie had too many humor and felt that it was more of a comedy than an action-packed Marvel film. I'm surprised that Rotten Tomatoes has the movie at 78% likeability. It pains to say this, but I actually enjoyed Spiderman 3 more than this one

Wow that is harsh! I hated it but not enough to say it was worse than SM 3.

He also implied he liked the second Iron Man so (shrug)

I just watched it with my son who just turned 12, no issue.

I'd love to take my daughter this weekend with mom out of town, but I don't think my 18 month year old could make it through a film...

I just got out of the theatre and I really didn't like it.. The plot was just dragging and not up to par with the previous two Iron Man movies. The twist bothered me a lot actually. Didn't see it coming at all. The movie had too many humor and felt that it was more of a comedy than an action-packed Marvel film. I'm surprised that Rotten Tomatoes has the movie at 78% likeability. It pains to say this, but I actually enjoyed Spiderman 3 more than this one

Wow that is harsh! I hated it but not enough to say it was worse than SM 3.

He also implied he liked the second Iron Man so (shrug)

The first Iron Man film was one of the best superhero movies ever made. It was almost close to perfect except for the ending where I expected more of a fight scene. The second film was OK in the sense that watching it once or even twice was good enough for me. But the third is easily my least favorite out of the three.

I loved this movie.

Get action, and some good acting, with just the right amount of funny moments.

The plot worked great as-well. Kingsley does a great.

I didn't mind the end at all. Come on guys; it's a Comic Book movie.

The best thing I can say about Iron Man 3 is, it looks as though the Exects. said, " we trust you people. Go make this fun". And they did.

What is really sad is that the Wolverine movie is going to be obviously much worse than IM 3.

Everyone next me after seeing the lame Wolverine preview were saying out loud how bad it looks.

I would probably rather watch IM 2 over IM 3. (shrug)

IM 3 wasn't the worst comic book movie I have ever seen, but if I had my choice I would have just rather Red Boxed it. 3-D is definitely not worth the extra money to see it.

I think Marvel will of course make good money this summer with Wolverine and IM 3, but review wise this will be the worst year ever for Marvel characters. However I am hopeful Thor 2 will be decent as the previews were pretty good.

I hate to say it but Superman is going to be epic, and second will be Star Trek.

I found it to be good compare to the second film but hated the plot twist. If marvel studios went this route with the character, are they going to do the same thing with thanos and the infinite gauntlet in avengers 2.

I think Joss "gets it" and I am not worried about his movies.......now if he suddenly resigns.......

I think the Avengers put peoples expectations too high for Marvel movies. We should be happy we get any at all.

The hate people have for this movie really surprises me. People love to hate. I always walk in with rock bottom expectations and walk out happy.

I think the Avengers put peoples expectations too high for Marvel movies. We should be happy we get any at all.

The hate people have for this movie really surprises me. People love to hate. I always walk in with rock bottom expectations and walk out happy.

I would never in my lifetime have expected to see any Iron Man movie. I will take what I can get and be happy with that.

What is really sad is that the Wolverine movie is going to be obviously much worse than IM 3.

Everyone next me after seeing the lame Wolverine preview were saying out loud how bad it looks.

Really? Even my wife and I thought Wolverine looked good from the trailer. I thought the thread here was pretty positive too... (shrug)

I saw Iron Man 3 today, and overall, I liked it. I prefer IM 1 and 2, but I still liked it. A lot of people seem to not like IM 2, but I liked it quite a bit. So, all 3 movies, I like.

I don't like what they did with the Mandarin at all.

If your happy to just see Marvel on the big screen then you must have loved every film like the 1980s Captain America, both FF movies, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 3 etc.

Just because its a superhero movie doesn't mean we can't hope for a DECENT superhero movie can we?

As I said, I loved Iron Man 3 until the plot twist then it went downhill from there. This movie could have blown IM1 away if it went the way it should have gone but ho-hum.

As someone said, The Avengers was awesome because Joss Whedon "gets it".... Shane Black doesn't.

Me and my son just watched it. We saw the 3-D version which is definitely not worth it. My son liked it a lot (he is 10). I thought it was okay, not the best movie in the world but okay. I thought Superman looked a lot better from the trailer and I am now looking forward to seeing it.