• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

What color was RDJ?
Well, they changed the -script ever so slightly.

Robert-Downey-Jr-Tropic-Thu.jpg

1082740-robertdowney_big.jpg

lol

Have you seen it yet? Hope you liked it.

Unfortunately I have not. I will have to wait for the DVD to come out.

Funny movie (RDJ stole the show for me lol )
...and Tom Cruise.

(runs for cover). :fear:

Enjoyed it immensely - the so-called 'plot twist' that has apparently upset a few people was fairly obvious early on and I thought was perfect for the film.

Unless all those upset were really angry because one of the main characters turned out to be a Liverpool supporter - that really was eye watering. Ruined the whole film for me.

I thought that was pretty funny. I didn't see the Mandarin thing coming though. I, for one, didn't care for it.

What color was RDJ?
Well, they changed the -script ever so slightly.

Robert-Downey-Jr-Tropic-Thu.jpg

1082740-robertdowney_big.jpg

lol

Have you seen it yet? Hope you liked it.

Unfortunately I have not. I will have to wait for the DVD to come out.

Funny movie (RDJ stole the show for me lol )
...and Tom Cruise.

(runs for cover). :fear:

Ohhhhh - I was being asked about Tropic Thunder? One of the funniest movies from that cast of characters. And Jerel is right - Tom Cruise was at the top of his game.

Enjoyed it immensely - the so-called 'plot twist' that has apparently upset a few people was fairly obvious early on and I thought was perfect for the film.

Unless all those upset were really angry because one of the main characters turned out to be a Liverpool supporter - that really was eye watering. Ruined the whole film for me.

Yes, that part of the plot twist was admittedly quite unexpected and shocking, bravely avoiding the tired cliché.

Normally the writers would choose Manchester United. Quite inspired.

Yes, that part of the plot twist was admittedly quite unexpected and shocking, bravely avoiding the tired cliché.

Normally the writers would choose Manchester United. Quite inspired.

That's for the sequel.

Too bad they didn't use the Arsenal... just for the "arse" joke it could have contained.

-slym

Arsenal fans would have had difficulty understanding what was going on.

I expected this Mandarin... :(

MandarinColor_zps3516317c.jpg

Now that would have just been silly.

(shrug)

(shrug)

Somebody walking around with a big letter on his chest. It's not DC you know.

(shrug)

Somebody walking around with a big letter on his chest. It's not DC you know.

I was talking more of the substance of the character rather than clothing when I mentioned expectations (as a mere excuse to post another piece of my art collection) when it came to the Mandarin.

The Mandarin was a let down. Breathing fire, really? Slicing up iron man suits like butter? Super henchmen are bullet-proof but Hansen is not? Genetic enhancements also enhance your looks?

I just can't get past the above things. The movie felt a little rushed, but overall still a good ol' popcorn flick :)

Movie mistake: Tony's beat up face switches sides from when he breaks out of the zip-ties and when he and war machine are on the boat.

Jerome

The Mandarin was a let down. Breathing fire, really? Slicing up iron man suits like butter? Super henchmen are bullet-proof but Hansen is not? Genetic enhancements also enhance your looks?

I just can't get past the above things. The movie felt a little rushed, but overall still a good ol' popcorn flick :)

Movie mistake: Tony's beat up face switches sides from when he breaks out of the zip-ties and when he and war machine are on the boat.

Jerome

Why would Hansen be bullet proof? She didn't take Extremis.