• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

IM 1 is my favorite Marvel movie. 2 was forgettable and 3 was silly and just plain bad. I tried to turn off my brain and go along for the ride but after a while I just couldn't wait for it to end. Didn't even bother staying after the credits this time.

Agree! Iron Man 1 is well written and is my favorite marvel movie as well. I agree on your assessment of 2 and 3.

Record breaking sales prove that the general public likes it. It might not be a masterpiece movie but it's enjoyable and it's a comic book movie. I suspend disbelief and enjoy.

If you suspend disbelief...that means you believe it! :baiting:

The longer people talk about this movie, the less I like it. I went from thinking it was 'OK' a few days after viewing it to 'SUCKS HARD' right now. The more people talked, the more I thought about it and the more I just didn't like it overall.

Perhaps the trick to enjoying movies is to go watch it and never discuss it again.

The longer people talk about this movie, the less I like it. I went from thinking it was 'OK' a few days after viewing it to 'SUCKS HARD' right now. The more people talked, the more I thought about it and the more I just didn't like it overall.

Perhaps the trick to enjoying movies is to go watch it and never discuss it again.

:signfunny:

Finally saw it yesterday with my wife (my son had seen it with his friends earlier plus he was in school and we are on vacation)...we generally enjoyed it...I didn't think too hard on it and just try and let a movie like this wash over me while I'm enjoying my popcorn. Oh yeah, and there were only 5 people in the theatre matinee including us...which for me made it even more enjoyable...

Some of the things commented on here bothered me during the film...some of them moreso in the 24 hours after given to thinking about the pluses and minuses of the film...

Was pretty cool I managed to not have the Mandarin deal revealed to me prior to seeing this movie a month after release...but was extremely disappointed in the whole take...made me wonder if I had missed something about the comic book arc having stopped reading Iron Man comics when Iron Man 1 came out...also, didn't think ANY of the Mandarin.BK acting or lines was funny at all. I enjoy the humor spread through movies of this nature, but didn't laugh hard at one thing in this movie...a chuckle here and there and that was about it...

I would echo the comments too many suits...too many Iron Mans...thought the whole portion of the plot about the connection to the two soldiers was really drawn out and super vague for how supposedly integral to the whole plot it was supposed to be...really poorly and flimsily handled I thought... (shrug)

Also surprised no one else commented on the kid actor who I thought was really pretty lame and not funny...I liked the character and what he represented to the story line, but just thought the kid was really bad and his facial expressions never seemed to really match his lines or the scene...pretty annoying...

Best part was the destruction of the house...but again, pretty implausible the helicopters get within a few hundred yards of the house :o and Tony hasn't a clue...course as Bedrock said, he doesn't even have a security gate apparently so I guess not... :insane:

Finally saw it yesterday with my wife (my son had seen it with his friends earlier plus he was in school and we are on vacation)...we generally enjoyed it...I didn't think too hard on it and just try and let a movie like this wash over me while I'm enjoying my popcorn. Oh yeah, and there were only 5 people in the theatre matinee including us...which for me made it even more enjoyable...

Some of the things commented on here bothered me during the film...some of them moreso in the 24 hours after given to thinking about the pluses and minuses of the film...

Was pretty cool I managed to not have the Mandarin deal revealed to me prior to seeing this movie a month after release...but was extremely disappointed in the whole take...made me wonder if I had missed something about the comic book arc having stopped reading Iron Man comics when Iron Man 1 came out...also, didn't think ANY of the Mandarin.BK acting or lines was funny at all. I enjoy the humor spread through movies of this nature, but didn't laugh hard at one thing in this movie...a chuckle here and there and that was about it...

I would echo the comments too many suits...too many Iron Mans...thought the whole portion of the plot about the connection to the two soldiers was really drawn out and super vague for how supposedly integral to the whole plot it was supposed to be...really poorly and flimsily handled I thought... (shrug)

Also surprised no one else commented on the kid actor who I thought was really pretty lame and not funny...I liked the character and what he represented to the story line, but just thought the kid was really bad and his facial expressions never seemed to really match his lines or the scene...pretty annoying...

Best part was the destruction of the house...but again, pretty implausible the helicopters get within a few hundred yards of the house :o and Tony hasn't a clue...course as Bedrock said, he doesn't even have a security gate apparently so I guess not... :insane:

Good review of a lousy film. I agree the destruction of the house was the best scene, it was well done but yes implausible that a billionaire doesn't have some high tech security for the home and all those suits in the basement.

Wow!

For a movie that folks were not pleased with, it would be a very interesting analysis to determine why it was so successful.

1) Benefited from the first two movies and The Avengers, leading to big hopes and positive assumptions?

2) Could the adjustments to the movie so it appealed to certain international markets lead to the standard there should be multiple releases of the same movie?

3) RDJ just brings that much star power now, people are willing to pay to watch him in any decent movie? Maybe, because even Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows brought in over half a billion dollars worldwide ($545,448,418 to be exact).

4) All of the above.

Hopefully, studios are taking a look at this as something went right to put this movie over a billion dollars. Especially with (3), studios really have to find actors which can deliver on the character traits associated with a project that audiences can enjoy and appreciate.

Just checked the box office results for movies RDJ has appeared in over the past few years. No wonder why he is one of the highest paid actors right now.

Iron Man 3: $1,211,744,472

The Avengers: $1,511,757,910

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows: $545,448,418

Due Date: $211,780,824

Iron Man 2: $623,933,331

Sherlock Holmes: $524,028,679

The Soloist: $38,332,994 (OUCH!)

Tropic Thunder: $188,072,649

Iron Man: $585,174,222

Just checked the box office results for movies RDJ has appeared in over the past few years. No wonder why he is one of the highest paid actors right now.

Iron Man 3: $1,211,744,472

The Avengers: $1,511,757,910

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows: $545,448,418

Due Date: $211,780,824

Iron Man 2: $623,933,331

Sherlock Holmes: $524,028,679

The Soloist: $38,332,994 (OUCH!)

Tropic Thunder: $188,072,649

Iron Man: $585,174,222

I am hoping for a third Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ! :wishluck: